RW Valeri Nichushkin - Chelyabinsk, KHL (2013, 10th overall, Dallas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dundalis

Dec 28, 2003
Nope. Not all all. Deserts are defined by precipitation levels more than temperature. Average temperature year round for Dallas is like 70 F. Dallas has around the same rainfall as Detroit, St. Louis, New York City, Pittsburgh. Would you consider those cities to be in the desert?

Also I live here so I might know whether I live in a desert or not.
This is quite funny. Arguing the semantics of how hot Dallas is to a Russian. Anything over 60 is probably a furnace to someone from that country. Think the airport scene in the movie Cool Runnings, except the complete opposite. I could just see Nichushkin mouth open after setting down off the plane and being introduced to Texas weather.
Chiasson? Who? Really? :laugh:
Chiasson is the guy with a goal per game scoring record at NHL level (or close enough to). It equates to around about a 70 goal season. It should be close between him and Nuke, but I think Nuke just pips him with 75 goals to take the Calder.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Not going to turn this into a Chiasson thread, but yes, without a doubt. He is getting the second line spot over the highly regarded Nichushkin, and he has earned it 110%.

Earning a spot on a second line =/= Calder being Chiasson's to lose.

beardedgraf

Nov 4, 2008
Dallas
The more Nich scores, the more people try to discredit him. He may have some pains getting used to the stiffer D, but he has the tools to succeed.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Most of his carrer in KHL Nuke played 3d line
and in 3 in line he scores most of importand goals and points in KHL playoffs.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Most of his carrer in KHL Nuke played 3d line
and in 3 in line he scores most of importand goals and points in KHL playoffs.

The thing is that he was very invisible at most of the games. After that he did nothing special against his peers at U18. But at times in KHL playoffs he had this crazy "Nichushkin moment" it was like nuke explosion. He just skated past every player and was nearly unstopable. That is special for young kid like Nichushkin to do at KHL. If he can bring it shift after shift he'll be one of the top players of the league for sure. Time will tell if he does but he has alot to prove.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
The thing is that he was very invisible at most of the games. After that he did nothing special against his peers at U18. But at times in KHL playoffs he had this crazy "Nichushkin moment" it was like nuke explosion. He just skated past every player and was nearly unstopable. That is special for young kid like Nichushkin to do at KHL. If he can bring it shift after shift he'll be one of the top players of the league for sure. Time will tell if he does but he has alot to prove.

In every game he had 1-or 2 moment which maked by himself
About u18-he played that tournament in the next 2 days of KHL playoffs final game 7 -so he was and looks too tired and it isnt amazing - Playoff is hard especially you are 17 year old teenager and plays iin cheking line fuul shifts
He just raised his size so he need time for he can play at his level more time/ but he can play important role just now

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland

Kovi/Ovi and Malkin at his age wasnt that good and they are all together make less points at Playoffs KHL than Nuke.
He just need some time for gain some weight and endurance like Malkin at his age.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Before season Nuke said - About that he can play at NHL level so at preseason i think he was best of his draft and he will improve every month. He has amazing work ethics so he want to be part of Dallas which belevive him. And Nich have big space to improve:
1 he need improove endurance
2 weight
3 passing and shooting ability
4 power
this guy havent ceiling
just let him play)

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Before season Nuke said - About that he can play at NHL level so at preseason i think he was best of his draft and he will improve every month. He has amazing work ethics so he want to be part of Dallas which belevive him. And Nich have big space to improve:
1 he need improove endurance
2 weight
3 passing and shooting ability
4 power
this guy havent ceiling
just let him play)

oh, come on! :facepalm:

that said.. he is/was my favourite player at the draft and predicted him to be no.1, somehow it seems "russian factor" has became overlooked thing and many GM's have been over reacted past years.

top5 this year was somewhat overhyped, as we can see some of those players have hard time to earn spot on their team but many players drated behind them are gonna make it with ease..

Last edited:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

that said.. he is/was my favourite player at the draft and predicted him to be no.1, somehow it seems "russian factor" has became overlooked thing and many GM's have been over reacted past years.

top5 this year was somewhat overhyped, as we can see some of those players have hard time to earn spot on their team but many players drated behind them are gonna make it with ease..

Terrible argument. You don't draft for this year. You draft for the future. NHL readiness as an 18 year old doesn't necessarily translate to a better 22 year old. Preseason of the draft year is WAY to early to say anyone was overhyped.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland

mate - i folowing Nuke near 2 years and i remember all top prospects from russia at theyr begining and theyr stats , theyr play agains best international teams - Nuke at his age looks better than them. So right now he make best preseason for 2013 draft,
Im nor from those people who never seen him and didnt knows/watch him before but discussing him. He is skilled simple guy who loves to work and loves NHL -he make biggest upset last 2 years -when just reached his size and he dont wont stop his wirking and developing, Biggest thing which helps him is his GM who really seen his future and knows how to work with foreghn prospects

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Completely outshone by Barkov tonight.

He really wasn't. Besides the goal Barkov scored (which wasn't anything special), he was fairly quiet and unnoticeable for a majority of the game. He was solid in his own zone but was less than spectacular offensively. Nichushkin had a couple good chances and was creating some things in the offensive zone.

That said, one game really means nothing when you're comparing these two - especially with it being both of their first NHL games.

Sartorial

#RegisteredUser
Dec 14, 2011
Saskatoon
He really wasn't. Besides the goal Barkov scored (which wasn't anything special), he was fairly quiet and unnoticeable for a majority of the game. He was solid in his own zone but was less than spectacular offensively. Nichushkin had a couple good chances and was creating some things in the offensive zone.

That said, one game really means nothing when you're comparing these two - especially with it being both of their first NHL games.

Honestly, both looked very comfortable out there. Extremely positive for both teams.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

While the comment was dumb by the Finnish poster. Don't kid yourself Barkov was one of the best players on the ice for both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad