RW Valeri Nichushkin - Chelyabinsk, KHL (2013, 10th overall, Dallas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalbertGil*

I remember some pretty big hype about him, he's a 95 playing in Traktor's system.

I haven't heard much lately about him..
Where is he playing? (league, team)
How are his stats?
Is he still expected to be a star?

Eugene85

Jan 25, 2010
Russia
Valery Nichushkin 04.03.1995
height 190 cm
weight 80 kg
Stats:
for Traktor95- 11 games 12 goals 15 assists
for Traktor94- 29 games 32 goals 25 assists

Yes, he is still expected to be a star, I think.
Interesting fact: in season 2008/2009 in 34 games for Traktor95 he had 87 goals 40 assists. That was a sniper record.

pouskin74*

I remember some pretty big hype about him, he's a 95 playing in Traktor's system.

I haven't heard much lately about him..
Where is he playing? (league, team)
How are his stats?
Is he still expected to be a star?

definitely yes, and he will be contender for top spot on 2013 nhl draft.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
http://mhl.khl.ru/players/17688/

He's no Grigorenko or anything but who knows maybe first rounder. Highly doubtful he battles top spot...Nathan Mackinnon will seal that up pretty soon.

though im a big mackinnon fan, I think this guy could be a top 5 talent in the draft, he is big, fast, great vision and excellent hands...this guy is a good one, i still think Mackinnon might be the earyly fav for 1st in my eyes, but i do see this guy as potential 2nd

Fulcrum

He is off to a pretty slow start with 5 points in 16 games. It's not bad for a '95, but to be top 5 he'll need to crack the KHL line-up and get good minutes there next season, or absolutely dominate MHL. Somehow, I doubt it...

Still, he looked pretty good with Osnovin at the Jr tourny in BC earlier this month.

Traktor school is good, but Shalunov's development, for example, has definitely tapered off.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
How Valeri Nichushkin been doing this year? Also how does Ivan Barbashev (late 95) compare to him. Which player do you think is better, or has more potential?

johnnydrum

Oct 17, 2006
United Kingdom
A very, very kind Windsor fan sent me the Final of the U-17s, and as electrifying as Sergie Tolchinski was (he was bl**dy lights out) the Russian that really impressed the heck out of me was Valeri Nichushkin.
Unlike Torchinski, Valeri has considerable size, and on many plays, displayed obvious strength and power, often bulldozing to the net--on occasion with a defenceman draipsing over him.
He also had terrific speed and skills.
The TV guys were drawing comparisons to Evgeniy Malkin, which I reckon is more than fair.

Barbashev....not as noticeable, and considerably behind Tolchnski and Nichushkin, (although to be fair Im only talking the one game I have seen)

Last edited:

Fulcrum

A very, very kind Windsor fan sent me the Final of the U-17s, and as electrifying as Sergie Tolchinski was (he was bl**dy lights out) the Russian that really impressed the heck out of me was Valeri Nichushkin.
Unlike Torchinski, Valeri has considerable size, and on many plays, displayed obvious strength and power, often bulldozing to the net--on occasion with a defenceman draipsing over him.
He also had terrific speed and skills.
The TV guys were drawing comparisons to Evgeniy Malkin, which I reckon is more than fair.

Barbashev....not as noticeable, and considerably behind Tolchnski and Nichushkin, (although to be fair Im only talking the one game I have seen)

Nichushkin games from U-17 can be seen on fast hockey, gotta pay though. If he plays the way he did there, he might even crack the U20 team next year.

Without hyping, it's easy to say that he is talented and blessed size wise. He has to improve his production- perhaps consistency is an issue, which is ok for 95.

Tolchinsky is your Yakupov, Ovechkin style player, although he is very petite. But his speed, acceleration and intensity are right up there. Very good puck control. He is leading his age group in MHL and is doing better than Grigo did on a weaker team.

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
Highlights from the game against USA. Look at 0:36 amazing speed and skill there :)

Fulcrum

Highlights from the game against USA. Look at 0:36 amazing speed and skill there :)

Lol his name is really mispronounced by the commentators. Since when is CH pronounced as a K? It's not Nikushkin..

The funny thing is, the guys on fast hockey butchered his name even worse - Nishenko... that's not even close.

As he gets more popular, people will get it though..

Dares

May 13, 2009
Some earlier posts in Russia section guys were saying he will have a chance of going 1st overall.....
How far is he from McKinnon, Barkov??

Fulcrum

Some earlier posts in Russia section guys were saying he will have a chance of going 1st overall.....
How far is he from McKinnon, Barkov??

It's hard to tell. On one hand he nearly dominates in the international tournaments, on the other hand he is far from lighting it up in the MHL. Although to keep in mind, MHL does have quiet a few 21 yr olds.

Objectively I would say that Mackinnon is doing better right now, but there is no real way of determining accurately

Hopefully he'll follow Kuznetsov's footsteps and breakthrough to KHL next season, that's where the real development happens for high talents in Russia.

Dares

May 13, 2009
Yakupov didnt play that many games in MHL but he wasnt close to a star in the league... think Nichushkin just needs bit more time and space.

Cant wait for the 5 nations tournament, U18 Championship, i think he will be the Kucherov of last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad