RW Sergei Tolchinsky - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2013 undrafted; CAR signed)

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
Sergei Tolchinsky

Small but very skilled player, Amazing hand and great speed. Born 1995 draft eligible 2013. He plays in MHL Russia junior league against player 3-4 years older then himself. 27 points (17+10)in 42 games

Highlights

Last edited:

pouskin74*

I already heard about this kid about 2 years ago, so I guess he will be something special.

he is one of the leaders of his agegroup in Russia from his first appearence on the ice.

Fulcrum

Height is a bit overrated for a hockey player. He does need to put some muscle on though.

Lol how can a 16 year old be overrated?? He is a standout player for his age, leading his age group in points- even IF someone his age could be overrated it wouldn't be him!

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Lol how can a 16 year old be overrated?? He is a standout player for his age, leading his age group in points- even IF someone his age could be overrated it wouldn't be him!

He's saying height for a hockey player is overrated, not Tolchinsky.

Dares

May 13, 2009
Someone said hes a player similar to Yakupov. Noticed it as well. Strong on the puck, his size doesnt affect him. Bure #3 in the making.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
He will be a top 5 pick with a good shot to go top 3.

Tolchinsky isn't on the same level as top prospects such as Valery Nichushkin, Seth Jones, Sean Monahan, Nathan Mckinnon, Hunter Shinkaruk, Aleksander Barkov or Curtis Lazar. At 5'8 top 5 is a serious stretch. Anything is possible but highly doubtful unless he grows. I watched him played at the U17 and he really impressed me. I project him to be around the mid/end first round to early second round. Smart, speedy and skilled with the puck.

pouskin74*

Someone said hes a player similar to Yakupov. Noticed it as well. Strong on the puck, his size doesnt affect him. Bure #3 in the making.

he is almost 17 years old and only 5.7 and 150 lbs! That size will affect his chances for sure. Yakupov isnt biggest prospect in world either and many scouts mentioned his size as his weakness. Let me remind you that Nail was 5.10 and 180(currently 5.11 and 195) at same age as Sergei is now.

pouskin74*

Tolchinsky isn't on the same level as top prospects such as Valery Nichushkin, Seth Jones, Sean Monahan, Nathan Mckinnon, Hunter Shinkaruk, Aleksander Barkov or Curtis Lazar. At 5'8 top 5 is a serious stretch. Anything is possible but highly doubtful unless he grows. I watched him played at the U17 and he really impressed me. I project him to be around the mid/end first round to early second round. Smart, speedy and skilled with the puck.

the size is his only weakness compared to these guys but not talent level.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto

He is from a skill perspective.

member 30781

Watch him a bit more before you go saying something ridiculous like that.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com

what a crazy statement this is....if Tolchinsky was 6'00 tall he would be top 3 with Barkov and Mackinnon....I had him ranked a bit lower in early drafts because when I saw him I think he was 5'5 or 5'6 but now at 5'8 with his skill he is for sure a 1st round and his skills are more impresseve than lazar, Shinkaruk and Monahan for sure and they are very skilled players.

Dares

May 13, 2009
what a crazy statement this is....if Tolchinsky was 6'00 tall he would be top 3 with Barkov and Mackinnon....I had him ranked a bit lower in early drafts because when I saw him I think he was 5'5 or 5'6 but now at 5'8 with his skill he is for sure a 1st round and his skills are more impresseve than lazar, Shinkaruk and Monahan for sure and they are very skilled players.

You would rank him higher than Nichushkin ?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
''Tolchinski is 5'7 and a buck fifty. Not NHL size at all, but his skills are second to none. Igor Larionov is his agent, so that speaks volumes.''
the worst thing to happen to his career

Fulcrum

Think Sergei Samsonov. Fast, skilled, technical, undersized.

Who knows, he might grow to 5'9'' still.

About Larionov- it's a double-edged sword IMO.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Tolchinsky is on his way to the Soo. Should be an interesting year for him. He'll have plenty of opportunities to show his size will not limit him playing in the Ontario Hockey League.

Here's our initial thought on him.

“FC sees Tolchinsky as a wild card, a real game breaker at the junior level whose size is the only thing that holds him back in draft rankings,†said Dan Stewart, Future Considerations’ director of scouting. â€He’s is a tiny but flashy, high energy forward who can burn you offensively if given just a little time and space. Sergei always is looking to attack – can beat you with a heady pass or by cutting through your entire team on his way to a highlight reel tally.â€

http://futureconsiderations.ca/tolchinksy-ready-for-soo-touchdown/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad