RW Pavel Dorofeyev (2019, 79th, VGK)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Inexplicably ranked #65 in McKenzie's midseason scouts poll.

This same ranking last year:
Vitali Kravtsov at 39 (9)
Martin Kaut at 30 (16)
Ty Dellandrea at 41 (13)
Jesperi Kotkaniemi at 19 (3)

And in 2017:
Erik Brannstrom at 45 (15)
Filip Chytil at 71 (21)
Josh Norris at 61 (19)

I am not reading too much into this.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Inexplicably ranked #65 in McKenzie's midseason scouts poll.

There is an explanation: Russian prospects playing in Russia are (improperly) ranked by most North American scouts whom McKenzie is polling according to their play in U18 tournaments rather than their league play. The relative placements of these players (e.g. Nikolayev well ahead of Dorofeyev) and the absence of others (e.g. Spiridonov, Sheshin) makes that clear.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Picked up the puck along the half wall and made a really nice saucer pass for his second KHL point today.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Reminds me so much of Kravtsov and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him have a similar trajectory

Reactions: Tryamkin

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Someone who I wasn’t too high on at the beginning of the year, forced himself into my top 12.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Reminds me so much of Kravtsov and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him have a similar trajectory

I said that months ago. He reminds me of Kravtsov in more than just the way he moves on the ice. His progression has a lot of similarities with Kravtsov as well. I would not be surprised if he edges closer to the top-10 in the draft with a strong finish in the KHL

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I said that months ago. He reminds me of Kravtsov in more than just the way he moves on the ice. His progression has a lot of similarities with Kravtsov as well. I would not be surprised if he edges closer to the top-10 in the draft with a strong finish in the KHL
Is he likely to stay in the KHL for the remaining of the season?

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Just watched the archive and he was downright dominant in every area. Showed off plenty of puck skills, his shot+vision, good job stripping pucks creating turnovers and even showed his physical side throwing a few hits and standing up for a teammate who got rocked.

Think he could be a Kuznetsov level steal for some lucky team around pick 20 and I still prefer him to Podkolzin.

Reactions: Rangers743 and Lays

Hoquei

May 24, 2018
Brazil
This kid smells like superstar for me ... He plays such a mature, intelligent and objective game.

You can laugh at me as much as you want, but I think he's a guy who has a tremendous potential to become the most important player on the team who chooses him.

I really want to see which team will pick him.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
This kid smells like superstar for me ... He plays such a mature, intelligent and objective game.

You can laugh at me as much as you want, but I think he's a guy who has a tremendous potential to become the most important player on the team who chooses him.

way too premature.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada

I agree!
Reminds me a lot of Kravtsov’s type rise and will probably be selected in that 8-13 range.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What do you think kaprizov’s upside is?

Difficult to say. It's easy to fall in the trap of expecting him to be a Kucherov-level stud because he does play for one of the best teams in the league. Can he carry a line? Can he carry a team that doesn't have the depth of CSKA? Time will tell, but his skillset is definitely impressive. This is what Russian kids should do. Stay in Russia for 2-3 years after being drafted and develop before coming over

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Why is he considered so much worse than Podkolzin? His stats look much better, 1.63 vs 0.66 ppg in the MHL.

Just curious, I haven't watched him much.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Why is he considered so much worse than Podkolzin? His stats look much better, 1.63 vs 0.66 ppg in the MHL.

Just curious, I haven't watched him much.

He's quite a bit older than Podkolzin, doesn't play at as high a pace at the junior level (hence more questions about how that production will translate), and doesn't have Podkolzin's obvious competitiveness. On top of that, Podkolzin excelled more in U18 tournaments, which tend to weigh much more heavily for scouts than the MHL.

shotvalley

Jan 18, 2010
Difficult to say. It's easy to fall in the trap of expecting him to be a Kucherov-level stud because he does play for one of the best teams in the league. Can he carry a line? Can he carry a team that doesn't have the depth of CSKA? Time will tell, but his skillset is definitely impressive. This is what Russian kids should do. Stay in Russia for 2-3 years after being drafted and develop before coming over

Well take a minute and think. Kaprizov carried team as a 19 old in Metallurg and as a 20 year old in Salavat. Because of those seasons he plays now for power house CSKA.. but is it still a trap?

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
He's quite a bit older than Podkolzin, doesn't play at as high a pace at the junior level (hence more questions about how that production will translate), and doesn't have Podkolzin's obvious competitiveness. On top of that, Podkolzin excelled more in U18 tournaments, which tend to weigh much more heavily for scouts than the MHL.
What do you mean that he hasn't played at as high a pace in junior? Like a lower pace in terms of points, or the actual speed at which he plays at?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad