RW Patrik Laine - Tappara, Liiga (2016 Draft) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Seems a bit mess still. Bad dekes resulting offsides and giveaways. Had one break-away but whiffed on that. I think his confidence is pretty low right now.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Good period from Laine, some elements of dominance even at mens NT level seen in the 1st. :handclap:

Not probably even flat out on accelerator, yet.. Damn, I wish Pulju was there. It just is so good line, the Pula-Aho I mean.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Seems a bit mess still. Bad dekes resulting offsides and giveaways. Had one break-away but whiffed on that. I think his confidence is pretty low right now.

Bad report, he created Finlands best scoring chances (2) and didin't have any giveaways on dekes.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Bad report, he created Finlands best scoring chances (2) and didin't have any giveaways on dekes.

Well dekes or not, he had the puck taken from him quite a few times though. Yeah he had that chance but didn't bury it.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Well dekes or not, he had the puck taken from him quite a few times though. Yeah he had that chance but didn't bury it.

Overall he was good and that period would strenghten his opportunities in the draft. Some good dekes he succeeded, btw.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009

Man your every post about Laine shines bitterness. Your golden boy Puljujärvi is getting outplayed big time by Laine so only thing you can do is bashing other prospect down. Laine has been best offensive player for team finland and you make claims that are not true. Sad...

Kuhta

Dec 8, 2006
Helsinki
What is wrong with that rink? That is closer to an airfield than to a hockey rink.

I think Laine´s game is much better suited to a regular rink, especially as his physics are still not on men´s level.

Alexandrov

Dec 5, 2011
Really didn't expect a 17 yo kid to be able to skate with the best SHL & Liiga can offer, let alone look good.

How does EHT work? How many games are we going to see Laine play with the NT?

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I just think Laine's confidence is low and that is making him to try way too difficult plays. Weird flip passes on pp to nowhere. Hopefully he starts to score again soon.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
lol. 4 turn-overs by Laine and shot was nowhere near the net = good??? Damn you like Laine a bit too much.

Funny that you are the the only one who is again seeing that Laine is playing badly. Everyone else here commenting the game has seen him play very impressively. I definitely have to agree with them too. Good game from Laine so far. I'm a bit disappointed in Aho's play so far. Looks quite nervous with the puck and making several quite sloppy and hasty passes. At least he has been good with his skating and forechecking. Laine has been also quite good defensively.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
What is wrong with that rink? That is closer to an airfield than to a hockey rink.

I think Laine´s game is much better suited to a regular rink, especially as his physics are still not on men´s level.

It's probably standard 30m X 60m European rink. The high camera angle emphasizes it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Really didn't expect a 17 yo kid to be able to skate with the best SHL & Liiga can offer, let alone look good.

How does EHT work? How many games are we going to see Laine play with the NT?

They only have dounble header vs Swedes, Czechs and Russia left, The second game vs Sweden in later this week, the other games in May and they take place at the same time as the playoffs in Finland.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Funny that you are the the only one who is again seeing that Laine is playing badly. Everyone else here commenting the game has seen him play very impressively. I definitely have to agree with them too. Good game from Laine so far. I'm a bit disappointed in Aho's play so far. Looks quite nervous with the puck and making several quite sloppy and hasty passes. At least he has been good with his skating and forechecking. Laine has been also quite good defensively.

Bunch of finnish homers hyping up Laine? color me surprised.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Be careful. Even after brutal period Laine's fanboys will attack you for making this post. :laugh:

I don't get what your problem with Laine is. He is playing in the mens national team against the national team of Sweden, at 17 years of age. And you're ragging on him like he was some scrub. Did Barkov, one of the best in the world at 20 years old, play in the EHT games at the age of 17? Is there someone else who did?

Just to get selected is a huge nod to his abilities.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Laine makes some bold plays and I don't know if thats good or bad thing. Maybe both. He doesn't need to try look like a superstar to play impressive hockey.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I don't get what your problem with Laine is. He is playing in the mens national team against the national team of Sweden, at 17 years of age. And you're ragging on him like he was some scrub. Did Barkov, one of the best in the world at 20 years old, play in the EHT games at the age of 17? Is there someone else who did?

Just to get selected is a huge nod to his abilities.

Yeah laine is great player and very promising and will be top3 come draft day. But some here are having problems admitting when laine is not playing well, like right now.

Alexandrov

Dec 5, 2011
Yeah laine is great player and very promising and will be top3 come draft day. But some here are having problems admitting when laine is not playing well, like right now.

Surely you mean top2. Bacause there's nobody in the same class with Matthews and Laine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad