RW Oliver Wahlstrom - Boston College, NCAA (2018, 11th, NYI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

While part of me would be curious to see Wahlstrom in the NHL or even AHL, the other part says it might be best to keep guys away for future expansion draft purposes that we don't need this season

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
While part of me would be curious to see Wahlstrom in the NHL or even AHL, the other part says it might be best to keep guys away for future expansion draft purposes that we don't need this season

Going to be BC is the right move. It's the natural next step in his development. Very likely he's one and done, there should be open NHL roster spots in 2019-2020.

Keeping him away from what will likely be a rebuilding season is probably for the best.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Uh, duhh??

EVERYONE knows the first three summer training camp games after a player is drafted determines the outcome of the rest of their career.

It is known.

known.jpg

Reactions: Konk

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If anyone can threaten Laine for the Rocket, it may be Wahlstrom with his instincts, shot and release. A glance at his goal totals on elite prospects tells you this is an elite goal scoring talent. He could be a special goal scorer that would make Mike Bossy proud.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

MikeSteaks

Sep 30, 2017
If anyone can threaten Laine for the Rocket, it may be Wahlstrom with his instincts, shot and release. A glance at his goal totals on elite prospects tells you this is an elite goal scoring talent. He could be a special goal scorer that would make Mike Bossy proud.
barf.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I like Wahlstrom and all but this ain’t it chief

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Craig Button did.
I did not hear this. But I highly doubt this. Bossy is the best pure goal scorer in history. If he was not so inclined to winning and playing 2 way hockey as Arbour would not put you on the ice if you played a 100 ft game. He probably could have even scored more goals. I think it's possible to say he shoots like Bossy for instance for people to understand it is not a player to player comparison. I seriously doubt anyone working in hockey would compare a 18 year old kid to one of the greatest goalscorers of alltime.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I did not hear this. But I highly doubt this. Bossy is the best pure goal scorer in history. If he was not so inclined to winning and playing 2 way hockey as Arbour would not put you on the ice if you played a 100 ft game. He probably could have even scored more goals. I think it's possible to say he shoots like Bossy for instance for people to understand it is not a player to player comparison. I seriously doubt anyone working in hockey would compare a 18 year old kid to one of the greatest goalscorers of alltime.

Compared his release to Bossy.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Compared his release to Bossy.

I didn't think Button would. I don't know what it is of late. People are literally rewriting what people say and inserting their own meanings.

Button compared him to Guerin actually but a much better goal scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad