RW Oliver Wahlstrom - Boston College, NCAA (2018, 11th, NYI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I would not say, saying The Rangers made a mistake in not taking him as being cocky? It sounds more like a confident young man to me. This is a player that scored 77 goals in 95 games in his draft year and was ranked as high as #5 and as low as #9 on most reputed lists. I'm Sure being passed over put a burr in his spurs. As it should. You don't want a player to be happy about this. Give me players confident with pride to say what they actually believe any day.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I haven’t heard, but I’d be very surprised if he plays center again anywhere.

Thanks, atleast the Isles have an option there if they choose to use it.

A potential goal scoring winger likes Boeser or a Right handed goal scoring center like Matthews.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Or Bellows is. The Isles have 2, young gifted goal scorers.

Did any one hear where Wahlstrom is playing next year. Center or Wing?

He projects way better as a winger. I don’t see him playing center in college and certainly not st the next level.

You never know though because I’m pretty sure Anders Lee played Center at Notre Dame.

But I’m the pros he will be a winger.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
He projects way better as a winger. I don’t see him playing center in college and certainly not st the next level.

You never know though because I’m pretty sure Anders Lee played Center at Notre Dame.

But I’m the pros he will be a winger.

Wahlstrom did not play center at all the past two years with the NTDP, and he does not have the skills needed for the position. There is absolutely no reason to expect him to play anything except winger in college.

Reactions: AmericanDream

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Wahlstrom did not play center at all the past two years with the NTDP, and he does not have the skills needed for the position. There is absolutely no reason to expect him to play anything except winger in college.

I wish I would have said that.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Not an Islanders fan but I'd say this kid already owns a top 20 shot in the league if not better and there's a fairly good chance he won't even play in the NHL this year.

Kid will be firing laser beams like crazy. Looks to have other skills to go with his shot, too.

Some players (Alain Berger) had wicked shots but jack shit else to go with it. Kid will be fun to watch. Especially with Barzal setting him up and maybe Tavares.

Reactions: SI90

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
It amazes me how much better these first rounders are today vs when I started following the draft in 2007...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He is Vlad Tarasenko 2.0. He's not Boeser, he has better hands.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The caliber of players is better today then 10-15 years ago.

The draft 15 years ago had these players in just the 1st round:

Fleury
Staal
Vanek
Horton
Michalek
Brown
Suter
Phaneuf
Coburn
Carter
Seabrook
Parise
Getzlaf
Burns
Kesler
M. Richards
Perry
Eaves
A. Kostitsyn

I think people wrongfully assume that today's prospects all make it to the NHL but on average, you get 10-15 players that have a decent NHL career in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad