RW Oliver Wahlstrom - Boston College, NCAA (2018, 11th, NYI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yeah remember watching tape on Oliver Wahlstrom. Very raw, but very talented. Kid can shoot the puck. The Isles are on the verge of being a scary team. Add him to Barzal, Beauvillier, and Bellows. This is some serious young talent up front. A real good pick by the Isles.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I think it was Simon Boisvert who said that sometimes it is better for a team to pick lower than higher because you can luck into drafting the best player.

In this case the Isles got two guys who could easily be remembered as among the very best in the draft.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Wahlstrom is a winger. Will however be the 3rd best player from this draft 5 years from now looking back. Behind Dahlin and Svech

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not a huge Wahlstrom fan .. but he landed in a great spot. He needs a C like Barzal .. and he can fill the net.

Dobson is the real steal though. 2nd best D in this class. I would have been very happy with him at 4

Reactions: le_sean

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Not a huge Wahlstrom fan .. but he landed in a great spot. He needs a C like Barzal .. and he can fill the net.

Dobson is the real steal though. 2nd best D in this class. I would have been very happy with him at 4

Barzal will be the perfect centre for Wahlstrom, great point.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
2015 draft joke

Ah, got it haha. Man, I remember that draft vividly. I had Barzal going 5th. My ranking that following year had Chychrun at 4. It's rewarding to see them working out so well after being picked later than I projected.

Last edited:

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Wahlstrom + Dobson at 11/12? Islanders may have just pulled a Barzal 2.0, and maybe twice. Good draft.

Reactions: SI90

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Not just Wahlstrom, Kieffer Bellows is also a great fit. A potential Bellows-Barzal-Wahlstrom line could be devastating. Two rough and tumble snipers paired with a supreme playmaker, theoretically that's kind of ideal.

Lol, I was coming here to post just this. Regardless of what happens with JT, the Isles have a bright future.

Reactions: SI90 and PWJunior

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
hes v cocky, hopefully he can back it up

Hopefully! Barzal was/is cocky as well after his quote "Don't draft me and see what happens" came out.

The possibility of having two players on the same line with chips on their shoulders after sliding in the draft is tantalizing.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Hopefully! Barzal was/is cocky as well after his quote "Don't draft me and see what happens" came out.

The possibility of having two players on the same line with chips on their shoulders after sliding in the draft is tantalizing.
Yea and Ho-Sang is cocky as well and we see how that has turned out.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad