RW Noel Gunler - Luleå HF, SHL (2020, 41st, CAR)

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Only watched the first two periods, but thought he played good for the little time he was given. Won his first board battle, opened himself up to passes, he was primarily utilized in the O-zone, and I remember a pretty sweet tape-to-tape pass along the boards above a defending players' stick that either he or Raymond made, just put up a mental note of it, and I want to say Noel was the one.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Holy hell, gunler just leapfrogged raymond and holtz by being the first 2020 drafte to score in shl

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
More hype deserved for Noel imo. Kid is gonna be a top 10 pick for sure if he keeps this up.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
For someone who has watched him play a lot, what are his strengths and weaknesses? I only saw him play a couple of times at the WHC-17, and he looked pretty pedestrian there.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
For someone who has watched him play a lot, what are his strengths and weaknesses? I only saw him play a couple of times at the WHC-17, and he looked pretty pedestrian there.
Well, he himself says what he needs to improve on the most is his play without the puck and that he's working on just that, which from what I've seen is correct. Also in SuperElit he took a lot of unnecessary penalties(not to the likes of Grewe though), 0 penalties so far in the SHL, so that's good.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Plenty of time left to find out if he is, need to see Holtz & Raymond in a similar position(PP time & lots of ozone time) in the SHL before I'm making a judgment. I'd also like to see Raymond test out playing center.

Gunler is looking real promising though, his defensive game could use some work, but if he keeps this up he could contend for top 3 in the draft, and maybe even 1OA.

E: from tonight's game:

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Plenty of time left to find out if he is, need to see Holtz & Raymond in a similar position(PP time & lots of ozone time) in the SHL before I'm making a judgment. I'd also like to see Raymond test out playing center.

Gunler is looking real promising though, his defensive game could use some work, but if he keeps this up he could contend for top 3 in the draft, and maybe even 1OA.

That actually looked quite Mario-esque!

dragovici

Dec 24, 2013
in orbit

Of course there are things he needs to improve. The boy just turned 17 and is, of course, not complete. But from what I've seen his offensive awareness is as good as it comes at that age.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Of course there are things he needs to improve. The boy just turned 17 and is, of course, not complete. But from what I've seen his offensive awareness is as good as it comes at that age.
Yes, absolutely, I have no doubt he'll get better at it.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I belive Holtz, Raymond and Gunler are realy close in talent. Different talents but close overall. Hope they all do realy well this year and next . Exiting to follow all of them.

Reactions: felixpettersson

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
No point in last 2 games, but during those games he's been on the ice for (at least) 3 goals, and 0 goals against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad