RW Nikita Scherbak - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2014, 26th, MTL; claimed by LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I'd be shocked if Scherbak gets serious consideration from the Habs. His game's pretty raw relative to where it could one day be. Nothing wrong with giving any kid a few games if he's physically up for it, but I don't think they'd do so with the notion that he might stick past the 9. I'm a big fan, but he needs time.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I'd be shocked if Scherbak gets serious consideration from the Habs. His game's pretty raw relative to where it could one day be. Nothing wrong with giving any kid a few games if he's physically up for it, but I don't think they'd do so with the notion that he might stick past the 9. I'm a big fan, but he needs time.

They put him with Galchenyuk and Gallagher in a scrimmage tonight and he fit in quite well, including a nice assist on a brilliant Galchenyuk goal.

I don't think it's likely, but I would not completely rule out the 9 game tryout. Obviously, the exhibition games will be telling.

The kid is loaded with talent and hockey sense, that's for sure.

GoHabsGo312711*

This guy make Trevor Timmins, the most happy human in the world.

Nikita Scherbak is the next Marian Hossa or Jakub Voracek or Nikata Filatov?

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
Jeez the hype is getting a little crazy, let's wait until he atleast plays his first nhl game, I love everything about his game though. I hope he succeeds

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's a intra squad scrimmage. Calm down. He's been playing really well and its encouraging but im not comparing him to the leagues elite

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
[nhl]631945[/nhl]

Scherbs also had this rush:

[nhl]631930[/nhl]

I'd be worried having those 2 defenders anywhere near my defence in the AHL, let alone the NHL.

That was god awful defending... Like really bad. I know one of them is Bouillon. I'm pretty sure #78 is Finley. Both were really bad on both plays.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Love what I've seen from Scherbak so far. Has the potential to be a good top 6 forward in this league. He also has an infectious personality that will be popular in a market like Montreal. Hopefully he'll have a good year in Everett and can continue to progress so that we can see him in Montreal in the not too distant future.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I'd be worried having those 2 defenders anywhere near my defence in the AHL, let alone the NHL.

That was god awful defending... Like really bad. I know one of them is Bouillon. I'm pretty sure #78 is Finley. Both were really bad on both plays.

Well, Bouillon is on a tryout, so whenever he does badly, Habs fans sort of rejoice. :laugh:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not surprised by the trade, as RS said Blades are still rebuilding and Scherbak would have not made the playoffs. And if they did, would have been a swept easily. They got a great return for the future and I get to see him more in Western Conference. So win, win for everyone except the Eastern scouts. :sarcasm:

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
He just screams Hossa to me....Montreal made a great selection....him and Galchenyuk.......wow..nice future for the Habs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad