RW Nathan Légaré (2019, 74th, PIT; traded to MTL; traded to NJD)

Peeps

May 24, 2017
Continues his stealth production mode

expect him to go first round 15-22nd

There has to be something concerning his game, other than his goal scoring and physique presence that scouts aren't happy about.

Skating, positioning, engagement for the whole game, defensive coverage, hockey IQ etc. (I'm wondering what is it)

Because right now he is not cracking any scouts or scouting lists 1st round.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
There has to be something concerning his game, other than his goal scoring and physique presence that scouts aren't happy about.

Skating, positioning, engagement for the whole game, defensive coverage, hockey IQ etc. (I'm wondering what is it)

He's a project player for sure. Skating needs some work and he has a lot of help around him on his team in guys like Fortier, Chekovich, Alexeyev. He hasn't proven that he can have that line driving ability that can dictate the game for his team. He doesn't have the abilities that his Q counterparts Pelletier, Poulin and Lavoie have.

Reactions: Peeps

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Would a 50 goal season rise Nathan's stock? 44 goals this season, needs 6 more in his last 4 regular season games to reach 50
not sure can he do that, but if he would, could he be drafted higher with a 50 goal season under his belt?.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

Scouts are not always right you know. Just because few scouts see's problem with his game, others probably wont.
Gotta wait and see i guess.

Sometimes it feels that they are more wrong than right, am i right? :)

AuVetShkine

Aug 2, 2018
Would a 50 goal season rise Nathan's stock? 44 goals this season, needs 6 more in his last 4 regular season games to reach 50
not sure can he do that, but if he would, could he be drafted higher with a 50 goal season under his belt?.

I don't think he'll be higher on any scout's list if he ends up with 50 goals rather than 47. Round numbers should not be a factor in scouting.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Named assistant captain for the u18s. One of my favorite eligible guys

Reactions: Jacob

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Is this guy going to be a huge steal in the 2nd round?

I'm not sure. He's slow, looks sluggish out there but the rest is on point. Shot and release are great, knows where to be and his net presence is outstanding. Strong on the puck, and has put up numbers his entire life and been one of the elite 01s for a few years now.

If he had a good first few steps he wouldn't fall out of the top 20 picks IMO. Skating is a big concern though. Could be a Mark Stone or could be one of the many, many players who can't keep up with NHL skating.

Washington

May 23, 2019
Washington, DC
Not a big fan of his game tbh. He has some good tools but he doesn't stand out at all. He's not a great skater and can look lost on some shifts. Would take him if he's still there in the 4th round but I think his numbers are giving off an illusion that he's an offensive juggernaut which just isn't the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad