RW Michael Brandsegg-Nygard - Mora IK J20, J20 Nationell (2024 Draft)

Uhtred

May 12, 2022
Hi all! Normally I just read here but I have a question for those more knowledgeable than myself

I don’t have a lot of viewings of MBN but I’m wondering if anyone else sees some Claude Lemieux in him?

Lemieux wasn’t flashy but he was physical, had a great shot, was a playoff warrior and Mr clutch. If I’m right, and I know it’s a long shot with my limited views, he would be great addition to any team and I think this also puts him firmly in the top 10.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond and I’m looking forward to some more educated views

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I wonder who his lines mates gonna be in SAIK. Could see him mash well with the Johnsson brothers. Could also work with Hugg - Lindberg/Pär Lindholm - Nygard

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeyprospects9

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Hi all! Normally I just read here but I have a question for those more knowledgeable than myself

I don’t have a lot of viewings of MBN but I’m wondering if anyone else sees some Claude Lemieux in him?

Lemieux wasn’t flashy but he was physical, had a great shot, was a playoff warrior and Mr clutch. If I’m right, and I know it’s a long shot with my limited views, he would be great addition to any team and I think this also puts him firmly in the top 10.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond and I’m looking forward to some more educated views
I don't know if Brandsegg-Nygard will be the goal scorer that Lemieux was. In the amazingly thorough mock draft by @newdimension I stated I think MBN is likely to have an early career similar to Lehkonen. His defensive play will get him into the NHL, then at some point opportunities to play with skilled players will turn him into a 20g/35a type. Like you state a key contributor in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I don't know if Brandsegg-Nygard will be the goal scorer that Lemieux was. In the amazingly thorough mock draft by @newdimension I stated I think MBN is likely to have an early career similar to Lehkonen. His defensive play will get him into the NHL, then at some point opportunities to play with skilled players will turn him into a 20g/35a type. Like you state a key contributor in the playoffs.
Maybe with a more physical game than Lehkonen?

He could crack the top 10, but he's definitely going in the top 15.

Montreal would be a fit for him, they like that profile a lot and if Celebrini, Demidov, Catton and Lindstrom aren't available to them.. I can see them liking MBN more than Eiserman, for example, because he may score less goals than Eiserman but the other elements of his game provide value in a play-off environment and they are trying to build a playoff team, not a team that can score in the regular season only.
Are you suggesting we may take him at 5?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
A more physical Lehkonen is definitely worth a top 12 pick. Lehky has averaged 63 Pts / 82 in 2.5 seasons after escaping Montreal while logging borderline 1st line minutes and heavy PK usage…and has been even better in the playoffs, bumping up his scoring rate and especially goal scoring another notch from there.

If you go to every team’s sub-forum on HFB, of teams picking in that 10-20 range, literally every fanbase that may want a forward has a hard-on for MBN - and with that kind of projection, it’s easy to see why. That kind of player can glue together a top six for any roster construct you can build.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
A more physical Lehkonen is definitely worth a top 12 pick. Lehky has averaged 63 Pts / 82 in 2.5 seasons after escaping Montreal while logging borderline 1st line minutes and heavy PK usage…and has been even better in the playoffs, bumping up his scoring rate and especially goal scoring another notch from there.

If you go to every team’s sub-forum on HFB, of teams picking in that 10-20 range, literally every fanbase that may want a forward has a hard-on for MBN - and with that kind of projection, it’s easy to see why. That kind of player can glue together a top six for any roster construct you can build.
Agreed. Is he ready for NHL duties?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Agreed. Is he ready for NHL duties?
His next step with Swedish champs SAIK is likely the correct one. It wouldn’t be the craziest thing if he made a team right out of camp - he’s one of the older guys in the class and plenty experienced against men - but I would think barring exceptional pre-season, a full season of SHL and CHL is ideal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad