RW Matvei Michkov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2023 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, but honestly Tarasenko was a full year older, than Michkov. So now Matvey has 12 months to get rid of this bust status.

Tarasenko is also built like a truck. Wasn't his father a professional player? He was probably training like a professional from a young age.

Michkov physically is a lot smaller out there and looks like a kid.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Does this mean whoever drafts him has to wait until his D+4 season for him to play in the NHL?
That means he is contractually obligated to SKA until April 2026. No reason to move anywhere. As we know all upcoming things, I would not be surprised if he extended then for another 2-years.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
D+3 actually. His draft is 2023.
23/24 = D+1
24/25 = D+2
25/26 = D + 3, end of contract
26/27 = D + 4, he plays in the NHL

Unless you count the possible tail-end of 25/26 season. But it's unlikely he would be picked by the team desperate for additions for the playoffs. Although in 3 years a lot can happen, I suppose.

As we know all upcoming things, I would not be surprised if he extended then for another 2-years.
:laugh: Yeah nah...

Reactions: CanuckCity

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010

Still, no chance, he'll be picked top5 now without any kind of out clause.
I have said it so many times. But I have no problem to keep it again and again. The KHL contracts have never included any kind of out-clause. By using other words, such out-clauses are prohibited by the KHL by-laws as they are prohibited by the NHL by-laws. Guessing, people should finally get this message.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I bet, SKA offered so much, so his parents and his agent said, f*** NHL and its draft, if you could make money right away, you had to make it right away.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I have said it so many times. But I have no problem to keep it again and again. The KHL contracts have never included any kind of out-clause. By using other words, such out-clauses are prohibited by the KHL by-laws as they are prohibited by the NHL by-laws. Guessing, people should finally get this message.

He can still buy his contract out, though.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I bet, SKA offered so much, so his parents and his agent said, f*** NHL and its draft, if you could make money right away, you had to make it right away.
It also cuts his ELC from 3 years to 2. Financially, this was almost certainly a good move. From a developmental perspective.. probably not.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
He can still buy his contract out, though.
That is not out-clause. It is a buy-out by a player with an obligation to pay a club. If I were his agent, I would not recommend him to do so because usually the later contract´s years bring a bigger salary, hence bigger compensation to the club in case of a buy-out by player.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014

Still, no chance, he'll be picked top5 now without any kind of out clause.

If Michkov is the clear #1 which looks like a very real possibility, I take him 1st overall even if he doesn’t come over until 2016, especially if I’m a rebuilding team.

I think it’s likely he’ll be over sooner with a buyout.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
It also cuts his ELC from 3 years to 2. Financially, this was almost certainly a good move. From a developmental perspective.. probably not.
I don't really think that a couple extra years in a low(er) pressure environment is a bad thing for most prospects, especially when that environment is still the second best league in the world by a landslide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad