RW Matthew Wood – UConn, NCAA (2023, 15th, NSH)

person5000

Oct 21, 2022
Hat trick last night. Such a good player....do you guys even look at anything besides points?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I see him as a similar style prospect to Knies

Went a bit higher than you might think initially but has good attributed to be a valuable top 9 piece

Preds other 1st rounder in that draft I think also ends a top 4D.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I see him as a similar style prospect to Knies

Went a bit higher than you might think initially but has good attributed to be a valuable top 9 piece

Preds other 1st rounder in that draft I think also ends a top 4D.
He’s more similar to Kaliyev. Knies doesn’t have the same offensive talent, but can play a gritty game. Wood wouldn’t know how to spell grit if you told him what letters comprise the word.

• Haha
Reactions: Blueston

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Wood falls asleep for most of the season on a bad UConn team and then heats up at the last minute. An intriguing player who I had in my top 10 last year

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
It was always kind of odd that such a high-profile prospect was playing at such a middling program.

Expect he'll break out massively next year.
UConn has had a British Columbia pipeline for awhile and I would assume it was a case of "they were the first program to pursue me heavily, I will stay loyal to them" situation. That's the vibe I got from Wood's quotes from when he committed.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
UConn has had a British Columbia pipeline for awhile and I would assume it was a case of "they were the first program to pursue me heavily, I will stay loyal to them" situation. That's the vibe I got from Wood's quotes from when he committed.

For sure - that's almost certainly the case.

But a lot of guys probably would have switched once they had the draft-2 that Wood had where he made the U-18s, etc., and it probably hasn't worked out the best for him relative to going to Michigan or whatever.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Had him on my Do not draft list ( first round) due to his skating.

Cant say ive followed him too much this season. Has his skating improved?

• Haha
Reactions: KristichBabych

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad