RW/LW Lucas Raymond - Frolunda HC, SWE JRs (2020, 4th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
In my opinion, Raymond has many better skills and is a better two way player. But Holtz is more powerful, physically stronger and is a great sniper. Obviously developed early for his age. Both are really nice guys.
I will say, they are both extremely talented but with a little different character. Both will go early in the draft for sure, where Holtz today has a small advantage between them. But I think Raymond has a greater development potential with his skating, nice hands, high hockey-IQ and hard working both ways.
With more physical development, he will be...:golfnana:

It will be interesting to follow them. Im exited for Holtz because Sweden dont have a realy good sniper (Around 40 and over) i dont count William Karlsson , i belive that was a one hit wonder thing.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Meh, it's not that rare. Take Patrik Laine for instance. He's young and that's not an issue. If teams consider it an issue, whoever doesn't will get a steal.
Dont know if i understand you right here. IMO Laine seems cocky but not towards his teammates. It is when the team suffer because a player is to selfish things can go realy wrong.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Dont know if i understand you right here. IMO Laine seems cocky but not towards his teammates. It is when the team suffer because a player is to selfish things can go realy wrong.
Laine was to his teammates at that age. Even Laine said that his ego wouldn't fit through the ice hall's doors.

PostFriend

Nov 3, 2016
Holtz and raymond will win wjc for sweden

You need even good defence to win tournaments. Thats way the Swedish 02 group looks so interesting. Beyond top skilled forwards there is a few really good d-mans too. AND, you will not win anything without good goalies...
I know that the Swedish Ice Hockey Association are very hopeful that this group can win the U18WC for the first time.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
This kid is absolutely unreal in this Hlinka Gretzky game against the Slovaks.

Looks very much like a top 10 pick.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Yup, hype starts now. He's as talented as anyone else out there today.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
17/18 highlights uploaded a few weeks ago:

Edit: Oh, it was already posted in this thread.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Impressive game, he was the best player on the ice. I need to see the replay again, but I think he went a little Neymar on that cross check considering he was back within a minute.

Reactions: Habs76

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Impressive game, he was the best player on the ice. I need to see the replay again, but I think he went a little Neymar on that cross check considering he was back within a minute.

Thought he was going to die there for a second. Didn't look too bad.

Great to see him do so well. Should be a fairly dominant player in J20 this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I thought it looked like he was also kneed by another Slovak coming across after Cajkovic crosschecked him. The crosscheck wasn't that bad, but when you are falling and then someone comes over and knees you in the back of the head, it compounds the injury.

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
He was definitely the best player on the ice today. Good skater, stick-handler and he has an amazing vision. I was really impress by his play.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Everyone makes it a competition between two players. They are both really good and complement each other nicely.
I know they are both good players. They're very different though, and Raymond fits my preferred style a bit better. Always on the move, looking for open ice, winning puck battles and races and playing a high intensity style.

Holtz on the other hand will sit back and allow the game to come to him. Can change the game with one shot, and keeps defenders and goalies honest as he's always a threat to shoot or pass.

Personally, I'll take the speedy, electrifying winger over the sniper.

Reactions: grentthealien
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad