RW/LW Andrei Kuzmenko - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2014 undrafted)

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Last year I was very dissapointed after Kuzmenko got undrafted in his last year of draft eligibility, but now I got my "revenge", as he scored a hat-trick (including an OT winner) in the KHL play-off semifinal Vs. SKA and his agent reported that even despite two year left on his KHL contract, there is a huge interest from NHL teams. Not to mention those pretty solid 13G+12A in 45 KHL games at not the biggest icetime (12:40 TOI on average this season).

Ep link: Andrei Kuzmenko

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It looks like he isn't very eager about playing in the NHL. He'll be just 26 at the end of the contract, though, so NHL will still be possible, but not very soon.

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
Agents have been using the, "interest from NHL teams" line to get their clients more money for a long time, from KHL/European clubs.

He probably has no interest in playing for an NHL team.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Yeah thats probably spot on. If he gave damn about the NHL he could have signed a 2 year extension. Pretty disappointing IMO he has a shot at being a star in the NHL. If he plays with Yak and Gusev I could be okay with this.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Yeah thats probably spot on. If he gave damn about the NHL he could have signed a 2 year extension. Pretty disappointing IMO he has a shot at being a star in the NHL. If he plays with Yak and Gusev I could be okay with this.

He said in interview he'd like to play at the Olympics, that's why he signed the contract. What will his feelings be, if the NHL participates at the Games and he misses them again, I wonder... Of course, if he really is another Panarin or Gusev, he'll get on the roster, even with NHLers, especially considering, how weak we are on LW.

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
The guy always had a lot of talent, but it looks like he at last gets things together. With 2 more goals today he's 8+18 after 23 games and the 3rd in scoring in the KHL. He's probably going to the NHL after this season.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
This video is a little bit old, the difference is he played like this ocasionally back to then, and now he creates something spectacular almost every game. He's one of those players who can do everything by himself and doesn't need a lot of help. Kinda like Panarin and Kaprizov were.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
Does he have to sign an ELC to play in the NHL next year? I forget the rules with that but I thought Panarin had to when he came over...

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This video is a little bit old, the difference is he played like this ocasionally back to then, and now he creates something spectacular almost every game. He's one of those players who can do everything by himself and doesn't need a lot of help. Kinda like Panarin and Kaprizov were.

Put him on a line with Panarin next season. We need another top six RW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad