RW Lukas Jasek - HC Trinec, ELH (2015, 174th, VAN)

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
I saw this guy was given an "A" rating on the CSS Preliminary 2015 Players to Watch list, meaning he is designated as a potential first rounder. For those who know about him, can you give a scouting report?

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Now has 7 points in 6 AHL games as an AHL rookie. And the Canucks forwards prospect depth just keeps getting better and better

lawrence

May 19, 2012
" I feel very good about this draft, but I, I think, potentially you know were gonna have 3 or 4 NHL players out of this group,"

Jim Benning after the 2015 draft. exact words.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
" I feel very good about this draft, but I, I think, potentially you know were gonna have 3 or 4 NHL players out of this group,"

Boeser
??Gaudette
??Jasek
?????????Brisebois

still very much up in the air

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008

To be fair, I bet every GM sounds this optimistic about all of their draft classes right after the draft. Noone is going to come out and say "we think our draft sucked"

lawrence

May 19, 2012
To be fair, I bet every GM sounds this optimistic about all of their draft classes right after the draft. Noone is going to come out and say "we think our draft sucked"

we never had a gm that had the guts to say something like he sees 3 or 4 nhlers out of the draft. Totally different to say something like "I feel good about our draft" vs "I feel like we drafted 3-4 NHLers"

that said, Benning never said anything like that again, the last 2 drafts.

Reactions: Patrik Barkov

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
we never had a gm that had the guts to say something like he sees 3 or 4 nhlers out of the draft. Totally different to say something like "I feel good about our draft" vs "I feel like we drafted 3-4 NHLers"

that said, Benning never said anything like that again, the last 2 drafts.

It's easy to say stuff like that when it's unlikely anyone will bring up the quote if you end up being wrong. It's like an HF poster who makes 5 predictions, gets one right and brags about the one he got right with no mentions of the other 4 they got wrong.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
It's easy to say stuff like that when it's unlikely anyone will bring up the quote if you end up being wrong. It's like an HF poster who makes 5 predictions, gets one right and brags about the one he got right with no mentions of the other 4 they got wrong.

I actually saved the quote as a weapon against Benning for making such a claim.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The scouting reports always indicated that he had skill, but he was slight, and nobody knew if he would come to NA, and overall he was just an immature player. It’s only been 6 games but right now he looks tremendous.

WestCoastExpress94

Mar 17, 2018
He has a long way to go from being a nhler but the first step, he has to stay in North America and not go back to Czedh despite still having a contract there.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Jasek has been a dark horse favourite of mine since the day he was drafted. Feel free to search my posts. Very late birthday, yet played against men in his draft year. Unfortunately he was tooled in the Czech leagues and never got minutes (he existed to meet a roster requirement to have young players on the team). Looked promising this year showing a ton of improvement with a new team, and I am glad he is validating my hype in the AHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: IComeInPeace

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
6th round pick. Gaudette 5th round, Palmu like 7th round or w.e and Tryamkin another later draft pick. JB is a master drafter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad