RW Lauri Pajuniemi - TPS Turku, Liiga (2018, 132nd, NYR)

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Abroad just means not in Finland, he's leaving open a possibility to NY, (translated from the article): ". Yes my goal is to take the next step in my career. Of course, I do not rule out Rangers. In addition to KHL and SHL, everyone is interested."

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Abroad just means not in Finland, he's leaving open a possibility to NY, (translated from the article): ". Yes my goal is to take the next step in my career. Of course, I do not rule out Rangers. In addition to KHL and SHL, everyone is interested."

Yes, I read the article before tweeting it.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
No surprise here. Last summer Pajuniemi told me that he and the Rangers had a plan for him to play in Liiga for 1 more year. Happy he got his ELC.

2 year deal, which takes him to RFA with salary arbitration in 2023. He will start in Hartford as he has indicated he has no desire to play in Liiga anymore.

VFUVtr4.png

Reactions: White Death 24

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
This guy recorded 130km/h wrist shot on his goal. Some guy named Ovechkin has recorded the same. What a shot.

Reactions: bl02

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He was good during prospect camp and NHL preseason. I think he’ll get a chance to play with the big club this season. We need more skill and less toughness.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Hopefully he's getting used to the smaller ice. Just needs to find enough room to start getting one timers off.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s doing pretty well. All of his goals have been easier chances, and his average totals are indicative of his play. He’s adjusting though from a worse league and different ice surface. All things considered, I haven’t had a strong take in either direction so far on his play.

I’m skeptical though that the organization is going to give any prospects playing time with the NHL squad. The coach is notorious for liking his bad veterans.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Pretty disappointing his point totals in AHL. Usually young Finnish players destroy their Liiga points in AHL. Pajuniemi has done opposite.

Reactions: Ippenator

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
3 Point night for Paju. Started the season a little slow points wise but has seemed to pick it up over the last few games. I wonder if he will get a callup anytime soon

Reactions: Dempsey

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
3 Point night for Paju. Started the season a little slow points wise but has seemed to pick it up over the last few games. I wonder if he will get a callup anytime soon

I doubt he’d be called-up before Barron or Gettinger tbh. Pajuniemi is likely going to simmer in the AHL until he proves he’s too good not to try in a scoring role, or until he can handle a bottom-six role in the NHL. The Rangers’ squad is also gelling with an infusion of physicality and top-picks along the wings, so that doesn’t help Pajuniemi’s chances.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He ended the season with 13+13=26 points in 51 games. Not bad for a first AHL season, but he’s going to need to score more next season to get an NHL call up. I actually think he may be as good or better than Kravtsov and he’s probably more willing to stick around and play in the minors. He could benefit next season when we need a call up to play RW, if he sticks around and is able to score more next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad