RW Kasperi Kapanen (2014, 22nd, PIT; traded to TOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Has there been any talk of Kapanen being interested in the CHL? Or will he be content to play in Finland with dad until the NHL comes calling?

Pretty much. He already showed that he's ready for the men's league, so he should be able to get a roster spot. Having his dad as a teammate AND owner of the club, he should get plenty of chances.

Depch

Aug 27, 2006
Delete account
Not saying it is true, but being from the area and being around his age, I've heard some people who've played with and against him call him cocky and arrogant.

You know how it is with teenagers and kids. They take everything so personally and get butthurt easily, so it might feel that way even though someone would be just sarcastic or something. I would not put much in to this. :)

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
You know how it is with teenagers and kids. They take everything so personally and get butthurt easily, so it might feel that way even though someone would be just sarcastic or something. I would not put much in to this. :)

It's also not unheard of that people get jealous of a kid who's rich, related to someone famous and talented and therefore pay more attention to every single thing he does and says than they would if he was just an average peer.

What I've personally been worried about is him getting things too easily with his dad, uncle and grandfather having so much influence.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
It would be amazing if lehkonen and kasperi would play on the same line and work up some chemistry for the WJC

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
2 goals for kasperi tonight, two nice and accuret wristers

1 goal tonight aswel

Last edited:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Kasperi was on morning TV today. Looks huge compared to Sami. I'd say Kasperi is like 6'1 atm.

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
Link?

EDIT: Thanks

He is stading in the front of the screen so he looks even taller. But I think Sami is legit like 175, so Kasperi is at about 182 and still growing. Good for him (and us).

Last edited:

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Kasperi is the next king!
he dominated youth olympics and brought finland gold two years ago and now his playing with father in sm league and gona go top5 next years draft GOGO kasper

Last edited:

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
He certainly has all the physical attributes to succeed (skating,size,hands) let's hope his mind can keep up. Like I have said my favourite finnish prospect.

Syan Ruter

Snusmumriken
Nov 8, 2012
Top 5 is a stretch. Mid- to late first round pick, if he doesn't completely light it up, which I find highly unlikely.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Top 5 is a stretch. Mid- to late first round pick, if he doesn't completely light it up, which I find highly unlikely.

Agreed, he doesn't have that kind of "game breaking skill" which top 5 selection would require. Good skillset but not elite,also he was very inconsistent last year.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Agreed, he doesn't have that kind of "game breaking skill" which top 5 selection would require. Good skillset but not elite,also he was very inconsistent last year.

He actually has that gamebreaking ability. He stood out at the youth olympic gold medal game and won bronze for finland with his goals at U18. He can take over the games alone but the problem is his consistency like you said. Skill, talent and everything is there but needs to mature up mentally. I would say that his skating/speed is huge threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad