RW Kasperi Kapanen (2014, 22nd, PIT; traded to TOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Kasperi Kapanen, LW(179 cm / 5'10" , 75 kg / 165 lbs) the son of Sami Kapanen.
2014 draftee any 1st round potential?

Scored a nice goal today. 3rd goal in FEL and also plays on the same team as his father.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
He may have late 1st round potential. Like his skating and shot, but he's just another one of our midgets and I'm worried that he's gotten used to getting his way too easily. There will be a point in his career when his dad and grandpa can no longer help him and he will have to make his own way.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Jarmo Kekäläinen stated that he is heck of an prospect. 1st round?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Yeah definite first round quality prospect IMO, whether or not he gets drafted there is another matter. Have to remember this kid is still 16, he may grow a bit more (though Sami wasn't much bigger) and he's already somewhat productive in one of the best leagues in the world. Probably in the late first/early second range heading into next year right now and he could move up depending on his production and the drafts depth next year.

Arktos

Sep 23, 2011
Another skilled dwarf from Finland. Potential to be a future eurostar.

Zaphod

Mar 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
Greatest name ever.

Also, if he's got anything approaching the heart of his father - "Anyway, Sami gets his skull dented and he is out there flat on the ice and he doesn’t know his name, doesn’t know where he is, doesn’t know the Finnish language. All he remembers is one thing, that he is a Philadelphia Flyer. Wait a sec, I’m getting a little teary here. OK, so, little Sami gets up, struggles to his feet, and he skates. I mean, all he can see is black, all he can smell is burning butter, and he is skating. Meanwhile, we win the game and kick the Leafs out of the playoffs. But the most important thing is that Sami is skating, maybe not in the right direction, maybe while throwing up, but he was still skating. Because Sami has guts."

Size don't matter.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Pretty nice hands and skating. Interesting if he can grow into 6'0 range that would boost his stock.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
He's eligible for the 2014 draft correct?
Edit: I shouldn't scroll down super fast. Hope the Flyers look at him. I miss Sami and what he brought to the team.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Scores again and it was pretty goal. He is looking very good. He's at 3 game goal streak.

Last edited:

Fin9*

this guy is a beast. going to be a top 6 player in the big league for sure.blazing speed with great skills.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Small update. Kasperi is about 182cm (~6'0"). I also talked with a couple of NHL scouts and they stated Kasperi is at the moment a top-10 pick in the 2014 draft.

In a nutshell:

+ Terrific skater
+ Very skilled puckhandler
+ Good goal scoring abilities
+ He's pretty light kid but it still doesn't prevent him to lay big hits.
+ Has very high confidence no matter what

- He is not the first guy doing back check.
- And he is cocky. Very cocky.

Fin9*

Small update. Kasperi is about 182cm (~6'0"). I also talked with a couple of NHL scouts and they stated Kasperi is at the moment a top-10 pick in the 2014 draft.

In a nutshell:

+ Terrific skater

Pretty crazy he was under 175cm last summer. Also from my point of view hes humble not cocky? How did you get to know that

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
this guy is a beast. going to be a top 6 player in the big league for sure.blazing speed with great skills.

Sami was the fastest skater in the NHL once, when he got into the all-star gaming when at Carolina. But this is all irrelevant, if he has the heart of his father he will be a monster or a player.
Sami converted from a top-6 attacker into the best 3rd liner, played on D if needed. Got up when hit by a truck.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

In a nutshell:

+ Terrific skater

+ dat toe drag

thomast

Oct 23, 2009

In a nutshell:

+ Terrific skater

Kasperi Kapanen is very dynamic, posesses very good shot and doesen't hesitate to use it. Great vision, speed, hands and is pretty intense player. He seem to be pretty hard worker to me. If Kasperi is 6'0 now he could become 6'1 very well. Jarmo Kekäläinen ranks him very highly.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

In a nutshell:

+ Terrific skater

Thanks for the update. I saw some recent photos taken during the U18 WJC and they suggested he's indeed grown some, nice to have a confirmation on that.

mikko1995

May 30, 2010
Pretty crazy he was under 175cm last summer. Also from my point of view hes humble not cocky? How did you get to know that

Not saying it is true, but being from the area and being around his age, I've heard some people who've played with and against him call him cocky and arrogant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad