RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
TPS is absolute garbage and his line doesn't work at all. I'm not expecting him to put up many points in Liiga this season.
I agree that TPS has looked really depressing in preseason but if someone is going to score for them, Kakko will be one of them. Also, I would guess this Munchen team is a lot better than some teams in Liiga and we should only expect TPS and Kakko get better as the season progresses.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Also, I would guess this Munchen team is a lot better than some teams in Liiga and we should only expect TPS and Kakko get better as the season progresses.
Understatement. Their budget is probably double the size of the biggest budget teams in Liiga. Their team is absolutely stacked.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Agreeing with me that TPS looks like ass? It would make Kaapo's season a lot easier if the coaching wasn't garbage and Filppula & Korpikoski got their heads out of their ass.

I'm sorry i don't believe in a 17 year old scoring and carrying his Liiga team all by his lonesome.
Please stop :D

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
From what I watched in the 3rd period, he seemed to be the most noticeable TPS player on the ice.

He is in good place in TPS with all that responsibility he is getting. Excited to see what the season holds for him as he gets more and more comfortable playing against men.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
From what I watched in the 3rd period, he seemed to be the most noticeable TPS player on the ice.

He is in good place in TPS with all that responsibility he is getting. Excited to see what the season holds for him as he gets more and more comfortable playing against men.

Easily their best player tonight along with Palve.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I just hope TPS isn't as rubbish as this pre-season has presented. Team's offensive output tends to reflect back to it's players. However I believe Kakko does have what it takes to setup a new bench mark for u18 scoring in the FEL's regular season. Those offensive skills are indisputable and he has the speed/agility. I just hope he has the physicality. Barkov was a trunk at this age which made it easy for him.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I just hope TPS isn't as rubbish as this pre-season has presented. Team's offensive output tends to reflect back to it's players. However I believe Kakko does have what it takes to setup a new bench mark for u18 scoring in the FEL's regular season. Those offensive skills are indisputable and he has the speed/agility. I just hope he has the physicality. Barkov was a trunk at this age which made it easy for him.

They're missing Korpikoski who should still be a dominant player in the league. Don't know the details regarding his health but he should be in the lineup in two weeks. I'd love to see a Kakko-Palve-Korpikoski line.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
They're missing Korpikoski who should still be a dominant player in the league. Don't know the details regarding his health but he should be in the lineup in two weeks. I'd love to see a Kakko-Palve-Korpikoski line.
He has been in the line up... Last game was like the first or second he has missed this preseason/season. Has not impressed.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

When you're done you're done.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
He has been in the line up... Last game was like the first or second he has missed this preseason/season. Has not impressed.

He's suffering from IBD, he hasn't been fully healthy. Obviously he'll never be what he used to be but he should have enough gas left in the tank to be a difference maker on a Liiga team.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He's suffering from IBD, he hasn't been fully healthy. Obviously he'll never be what he used to be but he should have enough gas left in the tank to be a difference maker on a Liiga team.

We are talking of a guy here who was useless at the end of his NHL career.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Correct. Not sure what that has to do with his ability to be a solid contributor in Liiga, though.

You said dominant Liiga player.

If he was a good NHL player leaving NHL I'd expect him to be that, but he was a declining useless player.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
You said dominant Liiga player.

If he was a good NHL player leaving NHL I'd expect him to be that, but he was a declining useless player.

Maybe dominant wasn't the right word but either way I'm expecting him to make the team considerably better and thus, since we're in a Kakko thread, help his development.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
And so it begins. We're some hours away from Kakko's season 18-19 FEL debut.

Here's a short before-the-game article from today:

Läpimurto lähellä! TPS-tähti ylistää joukkueen nuorta NHL-lupausta: "Äärimmäisen taitava pelaaja" | Leijonat

According to Filppula, Kakko's breakthrough could already happen in the upcoming season. Here's what else he had to say:

- He believes Kakko is going to succeed
- Is exceptionally skilled and mature player despite his young age
- Already plays a pro-hockey type of a game without being adapt to mistakes jr players often are prone to
- Really strong on the puck and a hard worker
- He sees a extremely bright future ahead for Kakko

Nothing much that the Kakko fans didn't already know, but still nice compliments coming from a veteran.

Today's game begins 6:30pm (Finnish) time, approximately five hours from now. Kaapo has been penned down into first line with Filppula and Budish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad