RW Kaapo Kakko - TPS, Liiga (2019 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
What about the WAR stat, is that useless too? It suggests the exact same thing: his value for his team is exclusively related to how much he can score goals and nothing else really.

Whose estimate of WAR are you using and what's included in the model?

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
And I just stated as a fact that a huge majority of 187 cm or taller players weigh at least 94 kg or even clearly more. That should prove that it is in general how that tall players are built. If you weigh under 94 kg and are 187 cm or more tall, you are a real rarity. It just means that statistically it’s not likely for Kakko to become a real NHL top player if he will not weigh at least 94 kg. Possible for sure, but just statistically much unlikelier than if he would be bulked up enough.

Mcdavid 185cm and 87kg
Bergeron 185cm 88kg

But yeah those are 2 cm smaller...

Malkin 192cm 88kg

Anyways i agree that players are prefferebly beefier (unless its fat) but if kakko is skilled enough he can definatly make the nhl even under that 94kg weight...he will probably weight around that at his prime

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
After Laine he is the next favourite player (personally speaking) to follow next year. So glad that FEL starts up at early September (~month before the NHL) so there's less than two months until I get to see how much he has developed over the summer. Got a feeling he could have one of the best ever D eligible FEL seasons ahead of him (at least when talking about regular season). Go Kakko gogo!

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
Here is Kaapo Kaako U17 stats against other past top prospects. He has the 3rd best PTS/GP ever for a U17 player in the league.

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
Here is Kaapo Kaako U17 stats against other past top prospects. He has the 3rd best PTS/GP ever for a U17 player in the league.

Kaapo Kakko graphic.jpg

Reactions: Ippenator

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
After Laine he is the next favourite player (personally speaking) to follow next year. So glad that FEL starts up at early September (~month before the NHL) so there's less than two months until I get to see how much he has developed over the summer. Got a feeling he could have one of the best ever D eligible FEL seasons ahead of him (at least when talking about regular season). Go Kakko gogo!

You can see him in few days too

Leijonat.fi - Live-lähetykset Nuorten Leijonien Tshekki-peleistä 23.-24.7.2018

U20 Summer Showcase is also played next weekend

ijuka

May 14, 2016

View attachment 131149
Just how many times does it need to be said that you can't directly compare the scoring like that? If we're comparing to the older statistics, his fall stats(32p in 26gp, 1.23ppg) might be comparable enough. But his scoring in the lower bracket(23p in 12gp) just is not. Scoring's about twice as easy there as in the upper bracket(aka the actual Jr. A SM-Liiga). Take Sebastian Aho for instance - You just cannot compare the two in such a manner and have Kakko above. If you are to compare the two, it should be with the 1.23PPG number.

I feel like a broken record. It can't be that difficult to actually look the statistics up. It's almost like considering Liiga and Mestis scoring equal for seniors!

Reactions: Patrik Barkov

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Just how many times does it need to be said that you can't directly compare the scoring like that? If we're comparing to the older statistics, his fall stats(32p in 26gp, 1.23ppg) might be comparable enough. But his scoring in the lower bracket(23p in 12gp) just is not. Scoring's about twice as easy there as in the upper bracket(aka the actual Jr. A SM-Liiga). Take Sebastian Aho for instance - You just cannot compare the two in such a manner and have Kakko above. If you are to compare the two, it should be with the 1.23PPG number.

I feel like a broken record. It can't be that difficult to actually look the statistics up. It's almost like considering Liiga and Mestis scoring equal for seniors!

Where is a good English place to get those separate stats?

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015

They aren't directly comparable but gotta remember when Aho put up those numbers, he had 2 players in his team with similar point totals and Puljujärvi had even higher PPG whereas Kakko outscored his closest teammate by 13 points in 23 less games. Kakko's team was clearly less talented and he pretty much had to carry his team's offence that year.

Even if we can't compare the numbers directly, they should be a good indicator how well Kakko has done compared to some of the best Finnish forwards in recent years.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Where is a good English place to get those separate stats?
I don't know if there is any. Possibly behind a paywall. For free you can find those in Finnish.

Etsi <--- there in finnish

Etsi = search
pelaajan nimi = players name
joukkue = team
valitse sarja = search a serie/division
sarjat ja tilastot = series and stats
pelaajatilastot = player stats

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
I can relate that. Kakko Laine and Barkov are all prospects i've been excited about. I hope Kakko can elevate his game next season to another level.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Finland vs Czech under 20 starts in an hour. Kakko plays in 1st line next to Jesperi Kotkaniemi.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well, Kakko already got an assist so I guess the match started pretty well for him.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Thought he was okay yesterday. The first goal was just classic Kakko, he draw 3 players towards him at the corner and managed to slip the puck to a team mate who could drive to the net without interference and score. Think Kakko got another assist later on in the game. The Finns just destroyed the Czechs and it wasn't just a one line's show. I think the Finns played like maybe 4 minutes at 5 -3 disadvantage in the first period alone and took penalty after penalty and still were able to get the KO.

Reactions: Hokinaittii
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad