Prospect Info: RW - Jake Richard, 170th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Geez the kid was just drafted they don't rub his nose in "not yet played a game"
I thought that the thing about not having played a game was a bit weird so I looked at his Twitter account info. I'm not sure if everyone knows this, and I did not, but the Buffalo Sabres History account on Twitter is not affiliated with the Buffalo Sabres. It's just some guy. Here's what he says about himself:

Buffalo Sabres History
@sabres_history

A Sabres fan, giving history of the team. Sometimes even daily!! I have no affiliation with the team other than cheering for them. Opinions are mine alone

Reactions: Matt Ress

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I thought that the thing about not having played a game was a bit weird so I looked at his Twitter account info. I'm not sure if everyone knows this, and I did not, but the Buffalo Sabres History account on Twitter is not affiliated with the Buffalo Sabres. It's just some guy. Here's what he says about himself:

Buffalo Sabres History
@sabres_history

A Sabres fan, giving history of the team. Sometimes even daily!! I have no affiliation with the team other than cheering for them. Opinions are mine alone

It’s @MarkusKetterer

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Buffalo Sabres History
@sabres_history

All team history things on Twitter is just a random person.

When I post about a player, I also give their stats with the Sabres (or lack of them). In Richard’s case, he has yet to play a game for them.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I can’t post much on it when there’s not really that many off-season trades or free agent signings from prior years. When I post, it’s things that involve the Sabres or former players or picks that happened that day. If it’s only a birthday, then that’s all that gets posted.

For comparison, the next trade or signing isn’t until Randy Cunneyworth signing as a free agent in 1998 on August 27th.
Your next post should read:

We're bored. Do something Darcy!

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia

Buffalo Sabres History
@sabres_history

Well good on him then for doing something productive on twitter.

Reactions: Dex

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Agreed. I actually thought this was a Sabres thing. I seem to have missed the posts where MK lets us know it's him. Now I understand. Nice work MK!

Thanks. There was a reason I used a fan made 8-bit logo for the display pic as an avatar. And I originally didn’t have that it was a fan account and had no association with the team, but ran into problems :laugh:.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Thanks. There was a reason I used a fan made 8-bit logo for the display pic as an avatar. And I originally didn’t have that it was a fan account and had no association with the team, but ran into problems :laugh:.
Psst, Markus ...

Dear Kevyn. This Twitter account name is available. DMs are open.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
If you like doing it, keep on doing it!

It amuses me. I’ve found out so many things I’ve forgotten about doing it, even if I forget to post about it.

Like do you remember Terry Yake signing with the Sabres? I had no recollection of it.

Or Patrice Tardif (one of the returns in the Gretzky to St. Louis trade) signing with the Sabres.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
It amuses me. I’ve found out so many things I’ve forgotten about doing it, even if I forget to post about it.

Like do you remember Terry Yake signing with the Sabres? I had no recollection of it.

Or Patrice Tardif (one of the returns in the Gretzky to St. Louis trade) signing with the Sabres.

I can barely remember the 2020 season!

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

We’re getting close to the Anatoli Semenov anniversary!!!!!

Reactions: MarkusKetterer

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Both were part of mid-to-late '90's Amerk teams.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Both were part of mid-to-late '90's Amerk teams.

Yea. Despite getting the old hockey yearbooks every year, my extent of looking at the minors stats was usually during one of my random times I’d sort my hockey cards out and I’d make a team “set” of those who were only in the minors. But I don’t have any memories of most of these things (really didn’t help that most of my sports news was old newspaper and the 10 minute sports recap on the local news growing up).

So it’s fun. Although I do find that only posting birthdays to be boring, but when that’s all there is…

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
D9D7DA5C-81E5-413B-A483-EFAB03289382.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad