Prospect Info: RW - Jake Richard, 170th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
After 2 periods, in a barn burner of a game (5-4 Muskegon after USA took a 2 - 0 lead in the first couple of minutes of the game), this is what I've noticed about Richard so far:

Definitely engaged in the play and seems very aware defensively, as well as in good position to lead the breakout

Lots of scoring chances including a breakaway he shot over the net but no points

Does not play the penalty kill

Sets up on PP1 in the Tage spot and looks good

Works hard along the boards and is not afraid to take his lumps in front of the net

Confident with the puck and looks for teammates but will definitely shoot it

Has been in two scrums already including the last one where he ends up without his helmet. Definitely was in the center of both of them.

20221230_203100.jpg

20221230_203002.jpg

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
After 2 periods, in a barn burner of a game (5-4 Muskegon after USA took a 2 - 0 lead in the first couple of minutes of the game), this is what I've noticed about Richard so far:

Definitely engaged in the play and seems very aware defensively, as well as in good position to lead the breakout

Lots of scoring chances including a breakaway he shot over the net but no points

Does not play the penalty kill

Sets up on PP1 in the Tage spot and looks good

Works hard along the boards and is not afraid to take his lumps in front of the net

Confident with the puck and looks for teammates but will definitely shoot it

Has been in two scrums already including the last one where he ends up without his helmet. Definitely was in the center of both of them.

View attachment 628319
View attachment 628321

You better be wearing Sabres gear there!

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Is Jake Richard going to college next season or what. What's the deal with this guy.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Looks like he's committed to UConn.

Just checked page 2 of this thread. U Conn let him do one more year in the USHL. Just as well, he can do three years at U Conn, top 9 forward spots will be tough to come by in Rochester the next few seasons

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Just checked page 2 of this thread. U Conn let him do one more year in the USHL. Just as well, he can do three years at U Conn, top 9 forward spots will be tough to come by in Rochester the next few seasons
Yeah I'm pretty sure I remember Tage mentioned that he picked UConn to get lots of ice time so I'm hoping Richard gets an all-situations experience. Really nifty find by the scouts even if he'll need an extra year or two.

Reactions: elchud

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Apologies for bumping without anything new transpiring, but I notice he was the only one on his former team, and only one on current team over 1 point per game (11 in 10), although 2 guys on the current team fall right at 1 p/gp.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

He has a knack for these so I wonder if UConn will work it into the playbook when he's on the ice.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo

Highly complimentary of our Jacksonville Jake.

Jacksonville Jake is one hell of a nickname. Definitely my favorite guy outside our top Top 10.

He's looking like a very sharp 6th round selection by our front office. If we start hitting on a couple late round gems in addition to our wealth of premium prospects, we'll have a true embarrassment of riches.

Reactions: Chainshot

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
What a great story! I'm rooting for the kid.

“Gilles, who grew up in Guelph, Ontario, rented a condo in Buffalo and watched Jake at camp before golfing with his friends later in the day.”

That sounds like a perfect day for a dad.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

RoyalOverNavy

Feb 25, 2023
Jake's off to a nice start.
0-1-1 on Saturday / 1-1-2 on Sunday.
I think he's playing on a line with Matthew Wood (basing that on the game recaps).
UConn wins and ties v Colgate in Hamilton.

Reactions: Jacob582

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad