RW Conor Garland - Moncton Wildcats, QMJHL (2015, 123rd, ARZ)

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Date of Birth: 1996-03-11
Height: 5'6
Weight: 150
Position: RW
Birthplace: Scituate, MA, USA

17 points in 18 games so far. Seemed fearless last night despite his small stature. Where do people see him being drafted next year?

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Date of Birth: 1996-03-11
Height: 5'6
Weight: 150
Position: RW
Birthplace: Scituate, MA, USA

17 points in 18 games so far. Seemed fearless last night despite his small stature. Where do people see him being drafted next year?

If he grows to like 5'8" or 5'9" I'd say middle second round. But I still see him going 3rd or 4th round if not. He has an awful lot of skill and damn he's quick.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
He's up to 5'7" 170lbs

Potentially the 2014 version of Nic Petan with lower but still impressive stats

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
He had a great game today against Bathurst. Gordie Howe hattrick and the game's first star. Amazing to think he could be a 5 year player for Moncton. He's very exciting to watch!

luby3131

Jan 8, 2011
Parkland, FL
Watched him yesterday against Halifax, what a set of hands this kid has. Kid will put up some big numbers playing with Barbashev

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Also watched him against Halifax and he was a very noticeable player. I had no idea he was that small, played like he was much bigger than 5'7.

USA Scout

Aug 11, 2013
watched garland play against halifax and score two high end skilled goals-- the kid can pull you right out of your seat almost every shift, 15 more pounds and and inch or so easily first rounder, if not everyone needs a goal scorer they are very hard to find 2-4 rounds. :handclap::handclap::handclap:

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Spoke with him during training camp and he's currently 5'7" , 170 lbs which is a couple of inches and about twenty pounds heavier than last season. This will make a huge difference for him. I'm not sure how much pro potential he has though. I could see a team taking him with a later round pick. He'll be a 100+ player at 19 and 20 years old.

wein

Jul 2, 2013
He is now second in Q scoring (42 points in 24 games) and named CHL player of the week for the second consecutive week.

I would be surprised if he makes it through all 7 rounds without being claimed in the 2015 draft.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Spoke with him during training camp and he's currently 5'7" , 170 lbs which is a couple of inches and about twenty pounds heavier than last season. This will make a huge difference for him. I'm not sure how much pro potential he has though. I could see a team taking him with a later round pick. He'll be a 100+ player at 19 and 20 years old.

i think he may be a 100+ pts player this year

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
He's surpassed all expectations and is having a breakout year. He's a magician with the puck. Small player but plays big. He's nifty and slippery to defend against. He works the boards well and sees the ice terrific. He's extremely dangerous around the net and uses the wrap around often. He may just be the first Wildcat to win the scoring race. He still has another two and a half years of eligibility in the CHL! I've talked to a couple of NHL scouts who told me he's drawing a lot of attention from NHL clubs now. Still don't know how his game will translate to pro hockey. He's a very hard player to project. But if he keeps improving like he has been and adds more size and strength ... who knows. This kid's talent is hard to deny.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Still one of my favorites in the Q. Anyone who saw him the last 2 years shouldn't be overly surprised that he's broken out the way he has offensively.

Whoever drafts Jack Eichel should pick Garland to re-united them.

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
I have watched Garland over the past few years when I was in Moncton, and out of all the wildcats, he impressed me the most. I am not surprised at his point spike because he has the talent. Hopefully he grows more.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Think someone has to take a shot on him. Remember when my son played in the empire he was 2 years older than both Eichel and Garland. He always thought Garland was better (they were also only 14 at the time)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
So umm he wasn't drafted this year and is in fire. Any chance he gets drafted this year.

Not a single question of if...it will come down to what round...and looking at some other kids passed over previously there is little doubt to me this kid will be gone between rounds 2 and 3...just too much skill and having such a monster year to pass up on him...GMs cant be that stupid can they??

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Has there ever been an 18 year old who led his league (OHL, Q or WHL) in scoring and didn't end up getting drafted? I honestly don't know.

I can't imagine a team not taking the risk. He's small, but no smaller than Gaudreau, Byron or Ennis.

P0LiUM

Apr 16, 2012
Halifax
I'm not sure how much stock teams put in "peskiness" when evaluating players, but he sure as **** isn't a player I enjoy watching succeed. Easily my most hated Wildcat in the last two seasons, and that was before he was lighting up the league. I imagine he draws a tonne of penalties.

Good on him. It's always nice to see smaller, talented guys doing well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad