RW/C Mark McNeill (2011, 18th, CHI)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Last year he was very meh in AHL. This year his 2nd at RW he is playing great to start year

9 goals + 6 assists for 15 pts in 13 games

Last year

18 goals + 19 assists for 37 pts in 76 games

McNeill rebuilding his stock as prospect and with 2015 cap purge on horizon is putting himself in mix to be a Hawk next year

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Why did they move him to the wing? I'm glad that he's excelling regardless of position I remember wanting either him or Klefbom with our 2nd first rounder that year.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
McNeill is joining his fellow 2011 first round draft pick Danault and finally joining the big club.

The fact that McNeill was repeatedly passed over when it came time to call up guys from Rockford and was never part of a trade during that time has been one of the biggest surprises in our farm club the past couple years. Honestly not sure what to expect.

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
I was only able to catch the first period (and it was ugly from a Hawk's perspective) but McNeill looked decent.
Made a couple of sound defensive plays to make sure the puck got out of the zone and threw his body around - which apparently is a reason why he hadn't been brought up before.

He certainly didn't stand out (good or bad) - played a simple game from what I saw.

Good for him getting his first NHL game. I can't believe it took this long

Tim Raines

Oct 26, 2015
Same, I wonder if he was dangled with the Danault Trade with MTL instead of the 2018 2nd or if Bergevin asked about him over the 2nd

Exactly what happened according to the rumour mill. I had read Chicago pushed two other names before Danault, but Bergy insisted on Danault. One can assume McNeill was one of those names.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad