RW Brock Boeser - North Dakota, NCAA (2015, 23rd, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Basically he's gonna sign in Minny in a few years for free. Awesome.
He's going to a joke of a school as far as education. He would have to stay in college all four years to do the free agent thing. Doubtful.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Very happy with this pick. Actually picked him with my "official" mock on the Canucks board. Merkley and Konecny were tough to pass on but for Boeser I don't mind. He's got big time goal scoring potential, just needs some time in college to clean up his skating and continue to fill out his frame. And as 99.9% of our board has already said ... at least he's not Carlo :)

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Jim Benning is a moron. WE NEED DMEN ARE YOU DAFT?

Maybe we can pick up a solid future NHLers with our second and third round picks. Oh wait :sarcasm:

Why would you want your team to pick a lesser player based on position? Should Edmonton have picked Hanifin over McDavid? They sure as hell could use a rock solid D man right about now.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Don't know much about him, but his character seems off the chart

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
I've watched him a bit — was pretty surprised when he was still there. I saw him going to Minnesota or Ottawa. Konecny was my first but he isn't a consolation prize at all. Kid is a stud, I can see him pulling off a Sanheim as someone posted earlier in the thread.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Favorite team

Minnesota.

oh my, lets not talk about Minnesota, I'm just worried he pulls a Justin Shultz on us, and jets in 4 years, bam, Canucks screwed...... oh man... college players.....

good player, good intentions. seems like we drafted another Jake Virtannan type of player... sigh..... I don't know what to make of today.

RipCityPuckers

Jun 16, 2007
Toronto
Why is everyone freaking out about something that might happen in what 4 years?

Just because his favourite team is Minnesota?

McDavid's favourite team growing up was the Leafs, does that mean he's going to pull a Lindros?

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
Why is everyone freaking out about something that might happen in what 4 years?

Just because his favourite team is Minnesota?

McDavid's favourite team growing up was the Leafs, does that mean he's going to pull a Lindros?

Possibly

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Jim Benning is a moron. WE NEED DMEN ARE YOU DAFT?

Maybe we can pick up a solid future NHLers with our second and third round picks. Oh wait :sarcasm:

you clearly now nothing about Boeser or drafting in general, you take the BPA every time. The Canucks thought Boeser was the BPA and they drafted him, which is an excellent sign personally.

you can cry over prospects you don't watch all day, but the people I trust most on this forum seem to think Boeser is a very good pick.

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
you clearly now nothing about Boeser or drafting in general, you take the BPA every time. The Canucks thought Boeser was the BPA and they drafted him, which is an excellent sign personally.

you can cry over prospects you don't watch all day, but the people I trust most on this forum seem to think Boeser is a very good pick.

Boeser is a good pick I think we would have taken him at 25 if he was there good size and skill. Best hair in draft.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
The danger of drafting college players recently has been just as much as Russians.

it's just straight up dumb to suggests its a waste of a pick and that he's going to bolt to Minny in 4 years. how many 1st round picks recently havent signed with their teams, like 3?

RipCityPuckers

Jun 16, 2007
Toronto
it's just straight up dumb to suggests its a waste of a pick and that he's going to bolt to Minny in 4 years. how many 1st round picks recently havent signed with their teams, like 3?

Justin Schultz
Kevin Hayes
Mike Rielly

anyone else I'm missing?

Completely overblown

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Justin Schultz
Kevin Hayes
Mike Rielly

anyone else I'm missing?

Completely overblown
He is not in the same situation as Schultz and Reilly... Only Hayes. So yes it is overblown. He will not stay in college all four years if he turns into a pick the Canucks would want to sign.

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
He's going to a joke of a school as far as education. He would have to stay in college all four years to do the free agent thing. Doubtful.

way to shoe-horn that in there.

you're a Golden Gopher fan?

What diseases has Phil Kessel cured since going to the prestigious University of Minnesota?

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Love this pick, has so much offensive potential and is pretty big. I see a Okposo/Hartnell type guy, needs to work on first step tho.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The only good thing done of the draft day for us. Such a pick up has such a good repy as will be a star i think is captin material too one day. My only thing is will he be with us next year cause physicly is ready but i heard hes gonna to university is true? So can he not be a canuck 2015-16 cause hes ready

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The only good thing done of the draft day for us. Such a pick up has such a good repy as will be a star i think is captin material too one day. My only thing is will he be with us next year cause physicly is ready but i heard hes gonna to university is true? So can he not be a canuck 2015-16 cause hes ready

Has anybody ever jumped from the USHL to NHL? Seems improbable.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Has anybody ever jumped from the USHL to NHL? Seems improbable.

Is not imposible or whatever but is all ready got the size and skill so why not if is ready? Is why im asking cause i heard he wants to go to university

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad