RW Brock Boeser - North Dakota, NCAA (2015, 23rd, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I'm a pretty big fan of his (that being said i naturally haven't seen him play as much as the CHL guys, 2 tourneys in total) and i have him at #19. Button has always stated that he doesnt rank players that he hasnt seen enough of very high which is why Boeser is probably a bit higher than he should be. I assume he's been actively following the american players because hes very high on both Connor and Boeser (aswell as guys like Roslovic etc.).

Personally i haven't seen enough of him to rank him any higher atm but from what i saw at Hlinka and at the U-19's he looked like an absolute stud. At the U19's he was on the ice more than anyone in the 3rd period in almost every game (i thought him and Novak were both better than Connor in that tourney).

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Boeser is a good skater with good acceleration and speed, but what is more impressive is the way he maintains his balance. A pure goal scorer who can beat you in a variety of ways, Boeser is not afraid to get his hands dirty and fight for the territory that offers him the best chance to bury one. He has world-class scoring skills and possesses an arsenal of shots. He is one of the draft’s best at positioning himself to make the most out of a given play. And while he’s a very gifted playmaker with very good vision, he owns such a deadly shot that he was usually the go-to guy on the business end of set ups. Boeser is a unique talent in that he already owns an NHL build in addition to being very mature and humble. But he plays with desire and is a battler who continues to seek out scoring chances and makes plays no matter what the score or time remaining.

http://www.thedraftanalyst.com/prospects/brock-boeser/

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Any NHL player comparison ?

Oshie. And not because they're both from Minnesota. He's just a very creative goal scorer like Conner but not as wiry.

You have to figure he'll put on 10-15 more pounds of muscle over the next few seasons. Speed isn't really his thing so the bigger he gets, the better he'll be at getting open to use his wicked shot,

JayHockey

Mar 19, 2015
Oshie. And not because they're both from Minnesota. He's just a very creative goal scorer like Conner but not as wiry.

You have to figure he'll put on 10-15 more pounds of muscle over the next few seasons. Speed isn't really his thing so the bigger he gets, the better he'll be at getting open to use his wicked shot,

Oshie is an interesting comparison, but I think Kyle Okposo is a better one.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
he should go play in Seattle (they own his CHL rights) and create a deadly duo with Barzal

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
You got a pick between 25 and 30. Biitner, DeBrusk, Beauvillier and Boeser are still available. Who do you pick?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
You got a pick between 25 and 30. Biitner, DeBrusk, Beauvillier and Boeser are still available. Who do you pick?

Beauvillier, but Boeser would be second.

I second those who say he'd be a great compliment to a playmaking center like Eichel or Barzal.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Is this guy similar to sprong at all? Seems less risky from scouting reports though

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
He looks like a Montreal kind of player
Wouldn't mind adding another scoring touch to the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad