RW Bobby Brink - Philadelphia Flyers, NHL (2019, 34th, PHI)

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
He's around the puck a lot, but he doesn't make a whole lot happen. His decision-making with the puck seems slow relative to the top players in this draft class. He seems to have a pretty snappy release on his wrist shot, and he forechecks well. His puck skills are a little bit lacking right now. He knows how to get into lanes and disrupt the opposition.

He is fairly agile on his skates. His top speed isn't the best, though. He is undersized at 5'10'', 165 lbs.

He's definitely not a high-end selection at this point, but he'll be a potential mid-to-late first round selection. If the puck skills don't seem any more natural to him by the end of the year, I think he has the chance to be drafted with bottom-six NHL potential in mind. Slow decision-making doesn't bode well for one's chances to make the NHL.

This is as BS as it gets.

Bologna I say.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Broke it back in December when playing against the Russians. Turned out to be a fracture. So he's missed games in late Dec, January....hopes to be back in Feb...who knows, there are all sorts of ways that an ankle can be fractured. Main thing, to me, is that he doesn't rush back, and makes sure that he is properly healed up. It won't help his cause to come back at less than 100%.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
There have been some rumors flying around that he might flip his commitment to Minnesota. We'll see what comes of it.
From whom? Most of what I've seen is just Gopher fans praying for it on GPL.

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
And when they actually measured him? I wouldn't trust those CS numbers until the combine when they actually measure every prospect who's there.

Most USHL players are measured by CS prior to the season so the Heights on USHL's website should be pretty accurate....

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
I was about to ask what he plans to do next year. Is he really planning on spending another year in the USHL?

It wouldn't hurt him to spend another season getting stronger in the USHL before heading to college and playing against men, the NCHC is kind of an older league.... Older than HE and B10 anyways. The WHL certainly isn't a significantly better option than the USHL. He might be excelling his schooling to go in next year too.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad