RW Andrei Svechnikov (2018, 2nd, CAR) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The canes are in very good shape. I almost think Zadina is a better fit for them then Svech but i do think they lack some size in that top 6 so Svech will help in that department. I just think Zadina has the higher hockey IQ for making plays and that fits well with all the talent the canes have up front.
Zadina-Necas-Skinner
Aho-Kuokkanen-Teravainen
Staal-Rask-Lindolm

Hell of a top 9.

Aho is Carolinas best player and a beauty with the puck. Can't see why he shouldn't be the guy who plays with Svec game after game.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I notice Svech exudes a lot of confidence and also cockiness. Looks like nothing phases him.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Usually young guys learn foreign languages pretty fast and easy, and his English is even worse than mine, despite the fact I've never spoken the language, aside from answering to some random questions about, how to get to Red Square.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Usually young guys learn foreign languages pretty fast and easy, and his English is even worse than mine, despite the fact I've never spoken the language, aside from answering to some random questions about, how to get to Red Square.
I would guess you probably have a higher level of education than he does. Doesn't he come from a pretty underdeveloped (at least compared to places like Moscow and St. Petersburg) part of Russia, and it is questionable how much education he actually has. I remember Yakupov's english was pretty bad at the World Juniors after a year and a half in Sarnia (I am not trying to draw any comparison between the 2, outside of their limited English at a young age). I doubt he's gone to school in at least two years (not that uncommon among Russian imports).

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Wow, I didn't expect a voice like that. Sounds so confident and looks physically mature. Also assume this is his tutor, since he's referring to her as "you" not "You".

It's not his tutor. Olga Khmylev works with media in IIHF tournaments, former athlete if I'm not mistaken.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
It makes sense for him to have an interpreter in the combine despite speaking fluent English. I’m sure he doesn’t want to get tripped up with vernacular. For example one question in that interview was “Andrei: is scoring goals as easy as you make it look?”. That doesn’t even really have an answer. It’s a playful, rhetorical question that would be difficult for anyone for whom English is a second language.

I’m sure he gets dozens of those types of questions and he just wants to make sure he understands and is answering logically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad