Ruutu ou Zherdev?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney Stinson76

Jul 24, 2002
Austria
Visit site
If I`m the GM of a team I really don`t know who because both are special! :dunno:
I would pick Ruutu if I need a center or Zherdev if I need a winger!
Ruutu and Zherdev could score 30goals.
Ruutu plays more physical so his PIM`S would be higher also his powerplay game is very good!

punkorama

Aug 3, 2003
The Moon&Antarctica
I would pick Zherdev. Watching games last year i didn't see what the hype about Ruutu was. Definitely a great player, obvioously still has upside but i Don't think he will live up to his hype. Zherdev on the other hand i think could surpass his hype and become a 35 goal scorer. i like him a lot more than ruutu.

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
McDonald19 said:
Ruutu because he should physically dominate games at some point in his career, which Zherdev will not do.

Definetly Ruutu. I think he already dominates physically

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Zherdev by a mile. He has every skill he needs to become a 35-40 goal scorer and an 80-90 point player. He's also feisty and willing to take a hit or give one if needed.

GREAT player.

Ruutu is decent but I don't see him as anything more than a 40-50 point scoring 2nd line center. he has good hitting, yes, but I don't think he has close to the amount of skill as Zherdev.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I like Zherdev myself. Has some points to his game to improve, but is really exciting and has a super high talent level, Ruutu is older and has fine tuned a bit more with the little things to do right, but in time Zherdev will refine his game while keeping that extra bit of offensive talent with alot more creativity which IMM brings in more fans.

degroat*

Reveille said:
Ruutu is decent but I don't see him as anything more than a 40-50 point scoring 2nd line center.

Ruutu scored that many points (44) in rookie season and after the All-Star break he scored 28 points in 27 games. I think it's safe to say that his offensive peak is slightly higher than 40-50 points.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
Considering that Ruutu is already a "40-50 pt scorer" I think your expectations may be a little low Reveille....

Ruutu:

Led the hawks in goal
Led the hawks physically
Led the hawks in GWG
Led the hawks in PPG(tied w/Calder)

This after less than a year after major knee reconstruction.

But it comes down to what type of player you would rather have. Those who didn't watch Ruutu after the all star break... didn't see what Tuomo brings to the table.

-fullmetalninja

jacketracket*

Reveille said:
Zherdev by a mile. He has every skill he needs to become a 35-40 goal scorer and an 80-90 point player. He's also feisty and willing to take a hit or give one if needed.

GREAT player.

Ruutu is decent but I don't see him as anything more than a 40-50 point scoring 2nd line center. he has good hitting, yes, but I don't think he has close to the amount of skill as Zherdev.
That "feistiness" is a part of Zherdev's game that few know about yet. I was surprised to see how often he would throw his body into a hard check.

jacketracket*

jacketracket said:
That "feistiness" is a part of Zherdev's game that few know about yet. I was surprised to see how often he would throw his body into a hard check.
Almost forgot.

Having agreed about Zherdev's willingness to play a physical game, I'd still go w/Ruutu.

Z is exciting, will be a big scorer (IMO), and a nice complement to Nash's play, but Ruutu seems to be the type you could build a team around.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Reveille said:

GREAT player.

Just wondering, did you see Ruutu before or after the all-star break? Because before the break, he was getting limited icetime with players like Travis Moen & Scott Nichol. After the all-star break, he played with Arnason & Daze and averaged OVER a PPG.

Here are the splits:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/splits?statsId=2845

Just one more point as well. Ruutu score 44 points as a rookie, coming off of knee surgery and playing with some AHL level stiffs for 2/3's of the season. Do you really expect that he's not going to improve from this point on, as your projection shows? Does this mean that Jamie Lundmark is going to be a 15 point producer for the rest of his career?

I think I'd take Ruutu over Zherdev. I'm a Hawk's fan, so my opinion is biased, and I'll admit that. If both guys reach their potential, Zherdev will outscore Ruutu by 10-15 points IMO. Those 15 points won't outweight the physical and defensive presence that Ruutu will bring to the game IMO. Only concern that I have with Ruutu is that he has had 2 knee injuries, and the physical toll his style of game that he plays make a major injury more likely than for Zherdev.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I'd take Ruutu. I feel he's got 1st line centre upside along with being tremendously gritty.

Zherdev is quite skilled as well, but I'm uncertain his upside is higher than that of Ruutu's.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I really like Ruutu and have watched him play live

four times, unfortunately it was all against the Jackets, and Zherdev has sic skill, which he is only getting more and more comfortable demonstrating. So far Z has had trouble communicating, but I will take his puck skill, passing skill, and scoring skill over Ruutu's. Ruutu is more physical and plays defense, back checking isn't in Z's arsenal quite yet..

Muddy Wilbury

Flyers Fan in Ottawa
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, ON.
I'd take Tuomo. In my books he's the complete package. 44pnts as a rookie on Hawks?....Hello people!! But it's not just numbers. This kid can hit like a mofo, loves physical play and after a nice summer off/training has more skills in store for next season.

-cnote-

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Zherdev. This dude came to the NHL in January, didn't attend training camp, and look how he played. He's going to be a scary power forward!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad