U18: Russian Team at the WJC-18

vvann

Jan 29, 2020
He was checked by FBI and was banned from entering USA. They must suspect him of terrorism or something like that. Demanding some explanation, as i understand, is useless.
It was just his assumption. The RIHF recieved a letter from The U.S. Immigration Service and that's all.

wacko2

Dec 28, 2019
various
TE="Kshahdoo, post: 177368576, member: 68685"]Who knows...[/QUOTE]
Gives the Americans a better chance to win, no other reason.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Makes complete sense, USA is a rioting mess, sports/war is a great distraction for the millions of uneducated sheep there.
Just watch the Olympic coverage, it'll be even more over the top than usual.

Lol, most Americans don't even know, what hockey is, let alone what WJC U18 is.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
When they win it'll be top sports story. Although your right Americans don't know what a puck is for the most part
It won't even register. I live in a northern state and hockey is fairly popular, but I can guarantee that nobody knows that this tournament is happening. You are completely out to lunch with your take on the situation. But by all means, keep projecting your biases against my country. Curious, where are you from? Location says Canada but I have a feeling that's not it.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It won't even register. I live in a northern state and hockey is fairly popular, but I can guarantee that nobody knows that this tournament is happening. You are completely out to lunch with your take on the situation. But by all means, keep projecting your biases against my country. Curious, where are you from? Location says Canada but I have a feeling that's not it.

Bias or not, I doubt there is any other country in the world, that can ban a pretty big international event's participant from entering the country without any explanation. American immigration service just told him "f*** you", and that's it. And we talk about 17 year old kid...

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Final roster:

GK
Valeri Brinkman
Kirill Gerasimyuk
Sergei Ivanov

D
Artyom Duda
Alexander Figurin
Vladimir Grudinin
Gleb Ivanov
Arseni Koromyslov
Nikolai Makarov
Nikita Novikov
Vladislav Sapunov

FW
Dmitri Buchelnikov
Nikita Chibrikov
Vsevolod Gaidamak
Ilya Ivantsov
Dmitri Katelevskiy
Ilya Kvochko
Daniil Lazutin
Ivan Mekhovov
Matvei Michkov
Ivan Miroshnichenko
Matvei Petrov
Prokhor Poltapov
Fyodor Svechkov
Danila Yurov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I must say, I did quite a bit of LOLing reading this thread at the hyperventilating over an issue in which nobody had any insight and knew would get resolved.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Final roster:

GK
Valeri Brinkman
Kirill Gerasimyuk
Sergei Ivanov
D
Artyom Duda
Alexander Figurin
Vladimir Grudinin
Gleb Ivanov
Arseni Koromyslov
Nikolai Makarov
Nikita Novikov
Vladislav Sapunov
FW
Dmitri Buchelnikov
Nikita Chibrikov
Vsevolod Gaidamak
Ilya Ivantsov
Dmitri Katelevskiy
Ilya Kvochko
Daniil Lazutin
Ivan Mekhovov
Matvei Michkov
Ivan Miroshnichenko
Matvei Petrov
Prokhor Poltapov
Fyodor Svechkov
Danila Yurov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Very excited to see Michkov this year.

Hopefully we get to see him and Bedard head to head.

Best Russian prospect since Ovi and the best Canadian prospect since McDavid.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Oh gee, look at that. There wasn't some grand conspiracy to keep some random 17 year old russian hockey player out of a tournament so that the US could win and keep us bumbling sheep distracted with headlines of a GRAND USA VICTORY IN THE U18 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT!! I'm shocked, absolutely shocked. However will I keep myself distracted from the plight of our country and planet now?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Final roster:

GK
Valeri Brinkman
Kirill Gerasimyuk
Sergei Ivanov
D
Artyom Duda
Alexander Figurin
Vladimir Grudinin
Gleb Ivanov
Arseni Koromyslov
Nikolai Makarov
Nikita Novikov
Vladislav Sapunov
FW
Dmitri Buchelnikov
Nikita Chibrikov
Vsevolod Gaidamak
Ilya Ivantsov
Dmitri Katelevskiy
Ilya Kvochko
Daniil Lazutin
Ivan Mekhovov
Matvei Michkov
Ivan Miroshnichenko
Matvei Petrov
Prokhor Poltapov
Fyodor Svechkov
Danila Yurov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Lukashevich cut. Ouch.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Since he isn't playing for Loko now, I suspect it is an injury. And yes, ouch, especially since Grushnikov, Mintyukov and Sobolev are also unavailable.

It is the same old story, over and over again. The chance of winning becomes dependent on dominating at the offensive end to protect against general weakness at the defensive end.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
It is the same old story, over and over again. The chance of winning becomes dependent on dominating at the offensive end to protect against general weakness at the defensive end.

It is a bit different this year in the way it is really extreme this time: a lot of losses on the D, yet a huge amount of attacking talent available.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I start to feel bad about the coming game vs Americans. We looked terrible vs Belarus. Miroshnichenko - Gaidamak - Michkov line was especially bad. They scored a goal because of Michkov's brilliance, but were outplayed by opponents overall.

I don't understand it, Buchelnikov - Ivantsov - Michkov played about 15-20 games together in the MHL and looked decent most time. They played on three different lines vs Belarus. This all star way to build lines, not sure it's a good thing for such a short tournament. Belarusians mostly outplayed us just because they know each other really well.

Americans play together the whole season as well, and they are even better, than Belarusians. I'm afraid it's going to be a bloodbath for us.

Reactions: kp61c

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018
They looked very slow and disorganized against Belarus today. Not much chemistry and D is a big weakness. Only a pre tournament game though.

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
I start to feel bad about the coming game vs Americans. We looked terrible vs Belarus. Miroshnichenko - Gaidamak - Michkov line was especially bad. They scored a goal because of Michkov's brilliance, but were outplayed by opponents overall.

I don't understand it, Buchelnikov - Ivantsov - Michkov played about 15-20 games together in the MHL and looked decent most time. They played on three different lines vs Belarus. This all star way to build lines, not sure it's a good thing for such a short tournament. Belarusians mostly outplayed us just because they know each other really well.

Americans play together the whole season as well, and they are even better, than Belarusians. I'm afraid it's going to be a bloodbath for us.
What were the other Russian lines?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad