Russian draft thread

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
2012 draft has some really good top players from Russia
Nail Yakupov and Mikhail Grigorenko could very well go first and second in the draft

Last edited:

UkraineTrain

Jul 9, 2010
Ukraine
2012 draft has some really good top players from Russia
Nail Yakupov and Mikhail Grigorenko could very well go first and second in the draft

It would be awesome if Yakupov, Grigorenko and Galchenyuk will go 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the 2012 draft.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Several interesting defensive prospects in 2011 draft for Russia:

Zakhar Arzamastsev
Nikita Nesterov
Albert Yarullin
Andrey Pedan
Artem Sergeev

What do you guys think about them?

Defense is the position that Russia seems to lag behind other top hockey countries a bit.

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
Several interesting defensive prospects in 2011 draft for Russia:

Zakhar Arzamastsev
Nikita Nesterov
Albert Yarullin
Andrey Pedan
Artem Sergeev

What do you guys think about them?

Defense is the position that Russia seems to lag behind other top hockey countries a bit.

Yeas defense is not Russias strongest position, but i like what i saw from Nesterov in U18 WC. He could be a good defender in some years..

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
What is the top 15 russian draft for 2011, and 2012 in your opinion.

2011:

1. Namesnitkov
2. Khokhlachev
3. Kucherov
4. Nesterov
5. Shmelev
6. Shalunov
7. Arzamastsev
8. Mikhailov
9. Yarrulin
10. Pedan
11. Zlobin
...... Don't know the rest

2012:

1. Yakupov
2. Grigorenko
.......... ??

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
What is the top 15 russian draft for 2011, and 2012 in your opinion.

2011:

1. Namesnitkov
2. Khokhlachev
3. Kucherov
4. Nesterov
5. Shmelev
6. Shalunov
7. Arzamastsev
8. Mikhailov
9. Yarrulin
10. Pedan
11. Zlobin
...... Don't know the rest

2012:

1. Yakupov
2. Grigorenko
.......... ??

From what i have seen Kucherov has most skills of the player (and should go in the first round) Namesnitkov i haven't seen to much this year. Khokhlachev is good but rank him a step below Kucherov. A other player from russia Nikita Gusev has ton of skills too.

My top 5 forward for 2011 :
Nikita Kucherov
Alexander Khokhlachev
Nikita Gusev
Maxim Shalunov
Vladislav Namesnitkov

My top 5 defense for 2011:
Alexei Marchenko
Zakhar Arzamastsev
Nikita Nesterov
Albert Yarullin
Andrei Pedan

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Im surprised no one took Marchenko last year, is it just a lack of international exposure? He is pretty talented, has he said anything about playing in North America?

Fulcrum

Marchenko definitely has the talent to be drafted somewhere, but he hasn't' said anything about coming over. I think we'll see his talent at the U20 next year.

Gusev is another overager who, skill wise, deserves to be drafted. But he lacks size and again - Russian factor. I see him being amongst the leaders next year at U20.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Panarin is another player some team maybe will take in the later rounds..

Panarin is actually an insider tip,' cause he's on a team hardly competing for anything in the KHL for the next couple of years at least. He could be more interested in testing NA.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Panarin is another player some team maybe will take in the later rounds..

Panarin is actually an insider tip,' cause he's on a team hardly competeing for anything in the KHL for the next couple of years at least. He may be more interested in testing NA.

Fulcrum

Panarin is actually an insider tip,' cause he's on a team hardly competeing for anything in the KHL for the next couple of years at least. He may be more interested in testing NA.

I would be surprised if he moves, he is getting a good opportunity with his team and is making a name for himself against elite competition. The only step-up for him would be NHL.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I would be surprised if he moves, he is getting a good opportunity with his team and is making a name for himself against elite competition. The only step-up for him would be NHL.

It very much depends on the developments with Vityaz. If they stay cellar dwellers and who knows what the coaching is going to be Panarin could change his mind quickly.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Nikita Zaytsev got passed over in 2010 mostly because of an injury I think. He's still a great defendman in the making. He may go this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad