Russian 2011 Golden WJC team is on fire!

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Kuznetsov is everything that was advertised. Outstanding puck handling skills, a Fedorov like stride, a Backstrom like patience with the puck.

Simply put, us Caps fans love Kuzma.

Tarasenko is just a beast.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
Good to see Kuznetsov doing well. Clearly has a ton of potential, and at 22 years old he can certainly grow more as a player.

TheFountainhead

Red Nation
Sep 8, 2008
Washington, DC
Only question I had about Kuznetsov coming into the season was how he would adjust to the physicality of the league and he's exceeded my expectations on that front. Took him a half season to acclimate himself but now he's very strong on the puck. He absolutely has star potential IMO.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Only question I had about Kuznetsov coming into the season was how he would adjust to the physicality of the league and he's exceeded my expectations on that front. Took him a half season to acclimate himself but now he's very strong on the puck. He absolutely has star potential IMO.

Thx, I kinda regret not following Kuz more closely early on to see how his adjustment went because there was a while ago we saw a mature good Russian like this make the jump and it's hard to pin point just how big of an adjustment it is from the KHL to the NHL right now.

My impression was kind of that at first he was weaker than expected but that he had picked it up a lot lately.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
The new breed of Russians is amazing. I'm looking forward to watching the World Cup of Hockey.

Malreg

May 12, 2011
There are 2 players doing very well... I don't see how that's a "2011 Russia WJHC team is on fire!!!".

Ayvengo96

Apr 10, 2012
Germany
There are 2 players doing very well... I don't see how that's a "2011 Russia WJHC team is on fire!!!".

Tarasenko,Kuz are doing well here in the NHL playoffs.
Panarin and Burdasov are now KHL Champions.
Kalinin Captain of his Team now.
Ignatovich and Zaitsev are getting Top minutes in their Clubs and both went to Conference Finals.
Orlov hurt and Pivtsakin, Sergeyev also had good seasons.
Sobchenko and Urychev RIP
Rest is not so good. But ten players are doing well.

Malreg

May 12, 2011
Tarasenko,Kuz are doing well here in the NHL playoffs.
Panarin and Burdasov are now KHL Champions.
Kalinin Captain of his Team now.
Ignatovich and Zaitsev are getting Top minutes in their Clubs and both went to Conference Finals.
Orlov hurt and Pivtsakin, Sergeyev also had good seasons.
Sobchenko and Urychev RIP
Rest is not so good. But ten players are doing well.

Isn't that a normal amount of success from a gold medal winning team from 4 years ago?

The 2012 Swedish gold-medal winning team has Filip Forsberg and Jonas Brodin in the playoffs. Let's start a thread about them too.

Ayvengo96

Apr 10, 2012
Germany
Isn't that a normal amount of success from a gold medal winning team from 4 years ago?

The 2012 Swedish gold-medal winning team has Filip Forsberg and Jonas Brodin in the playoffs. Let's start a thread about them too.

I didnt made this Thread. And i think for a Russian Wjc Team this is not a normal amount of success.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

I think you can't say they own NHL playoffs. Of course Forsberg is good, but it looks like his team won't get in the next round. And Brodin doesn't look very impressive. Of course they're both still very young...

Jul 22, 2012
Kuznetsov impressed the hell out of me last night. Such a long, smooth stride. Was the best player on the ice, no question. Hopefully he can keep it up.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
If we could just combine Tarasenko and Kuznetsov into one intimidating player:

Tarasnetsov, pronounced "Tear his nuts off." 100 point player that no one will mess with!

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Isn't that a normal amount of success from a gold medal winning team from 4 years ago? The 2012 Swedish gold-medal winning team has Filip Forsberg and Jonas Brodin in the playoffs. Let's start a thread about them too.
Well, remember that it's the only Russian juniors gold in 12 years, so I think it's obvious why people pay special attention to these guys.
Then, you don't have a top 5 winger in the world and a player who outplays Ovechkin and Backstrom on the same junior team often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad