Russian 2011 Golden WJC team is on fire!

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Tarasenko,Kuz are doing well here in the NHL playoffs.
Panarin and Burdasov are now KHL Champions.
Kalinin Captain of his Team now.
Ignatovich and Zaitsev are getting Top minutes in their Clubs and both went to Conference Finals.
Orlov hurt and Pivtsakin, Sergeyev also had good seasons.
Sobchenko and Urychev RIP
Rest is not so good. But ten players are doing well.

Yeah, the Russian 2011 Golden WJC team is definitely not on fire.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
.....been said for approx 5 years

1.He's a defenceman.

2.You can't prove it to HF playing in the AHL and that doesn't depend on the player's performance sometimes that he's not getting called up.

3.He missed the whole season with an injury

4.People who know him as a player also know how good he is.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Isn't that a normal amount of success from a gold medal winning team from 4 years ago?

The 2012 Swedish gold-medal winning team has Filip Forsberg and Jonas Brodin in the playoffs. Let's start a thread about them too.

It's only one player as Brodin is not really living up to high expectations from a year ago. But he has time.

And yes basically it would be fun to make a thread to watch the paths of the guys from those top WJC squads.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
10 players is a lot for a WJC squad. Also in the post you replied to some players are sold short pretty ridiculously.

I expect 10 players from any WJC gold medalist squad to do well in their hockey careers. Minimum.

Backami

Jun 26, 2013
I expect 10 players from any WJC gold medalist squad to do well in their hockey careers. Minimum.

so then your expectations are too high or i missed what you mean under words "doing well"? Lets take team USA of 2010. It was called as one of a best US junior teams of all time and they got the gold but just 8 players are more/less NHL players at the moment. Which means these guys are mostly 25 years old now and should be at peak of their career.

Last edited:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I can't watch that WJC final anymore. A few of the fellas are no longer with us.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011

Haha wow, that's pretty awesome.

I remember watching that game and being really impressed with Tarasenko. But both players look like they're going to be stars in this league. Sometimes I wonder how much damage they would do playing together in the NHL. When you look at the kind of players they are it seems like they would be a perfect fit together. Tarasenko is a pure goal-scorer with a ridiculous shot. He just knows how to find the back of the net, while Kuznetsov has such good vision and play-making ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad