Russia WJC 2012 roster talk

AidanPhalen13*

How big of a role do you think Namestnikov, Kucherov, and Nesterov would have on the team? (All three are lightning draft picks in 2011)

Eugene85

Jan 25, 2010
Russia
How big of a role do you think Namestnikov, Kucherov, and Nesterov would have on the team? (All three are lightning draft picks in 2011)
I think Kucherov will be team's best sniper and scorer(especially if he plays with Grigorenko or Prokhorkin)

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Damn that looks like a great lineup. Hopefully RNH and/or Couturier don't make their NHL teams because RUS is going to be tough to beat.

Fulcrum

always have to take politics into account w/ the Russians - few years ago Varlamov was left off - and last year Galiev (not as sure if he was a lock but wasn't even given a chance IIRC)

No politics. Galiev was given 2 chances - Subway Super Series and pre-tournament friendlies. Bragin concluded that the guys from Russia were stronger and older, as it turns out- he was right.

Fulcrum

Kucherov-Grigorenko-Yakupov
Galiev-Kuznetsov-Telegin
Khohlachev-Namestnikov-Galchenyuk
Kabanov-Zlobin-Gusev

Kuznetsov on the 2nd line? Instead of an 18 yr old Grigorenko who might not make it on the team at all??:facepalm:

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
Galchenyuk was just named to the U.S. Ivan Hlinka team, so that seems to be another indication of what national team he'll suit up for.

Didn't Tyler Myers and Jamie Oleksiak both suit up for the US at this tournament only to choose Canada for the IIHF events? Though I agree that it looks like Galchenyuk is leaning towards the US.

Fulcrum

I'm almost certian that unless Namestnikov and Galiev make it to NHL they will be on the team. Namesnikov and Kuznetsov were great together during their U18. Galiev was close to making it last year, final cut.

Gusev should be on the team, but his size is really against him in the NA tourny, and Bragin has a high awareness of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad