GDT: Russia vs. Slovakia - 02/16/06 - 8:00pm Torino - 2:00pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
Mmmm this could be a great game to watch if both teams are rested and recovered from travelling troubles. I expect nothing less than full speed ahead and blitz skating. Outjocking dekes by the forwards and nosecrushing checks from Chara and Kaspar :sarcasm:

Best matchup of the day, no doubt.

PapaBear*

ARE THE SLOVAKS RE-UNITING THE GABORIK-DEMITRA-HOSSA LINE?

IF SO WATCH OUT! :eek:

gamera

Jan 3, 2006
Kovalchuk Army HQ
I can't wait to watch this game!!! All of my favorite players on the ice at once! (Kovy, Ovy, Hossa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) i know kovy/ovy won't be on the same line, but you know what i mean... :innocent:

this is the greatest thing! I can watch hockey all day long! woooooo hooooo!

:yo: :yo: :yo: :yo:

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I can't see Slovakia scoring less than 3 against Russia at this point. Its anybody's guess how long it will take Russia to gel.. I'd say:

60% Russia 5-4 Slovakia: Ovechkin 2, Kovalchuk, Kovalev, Sushinsky
40% Russia 2-4 Slovakia: Kovalev, Sushinsky

Very anxious to see how Russia plays, how its lines mesh.. result is secondary..

Vperjod Rossija!

harper

Feb 4, 2006
quebec2 said:
Slovakia - Russia 2:6 (WC,Vienna, 22.4.1996)
Slovakia - Russia 4:7 (Wcup, Montreal, 31.8.1996)
Slovakia - Russia 2:2 (WC, Helsinki, 27.4.1997)
Slovakia - Russia 1:6 (MS, Basel, 9.5.1998)
Slovakia - Russia 6:4 (Spisská Nová Ves, 17.12.1998)
Slovakia - Russia 2:2 (WC, Oslo, 10.5.1999)
Slovakia - Russia 6:4 (WC, Göteborg, 6.5.2002)
Slovakia - Russia 4:3 (WC, Göteborg - finále, 11.5.2002)
Slovakia - Russia 1:3 (Moscow, 21.12.2002)
Slovakia - Russia 2:0 (WC, Ostrava, 30.4.2004)
Slovakia - Russia 0:0 (Ottawa, 29.8.2004)
Slovakia - Russia 2:5 (WCup, Toronto, 5.9.2004)
Slovakia - Russia 3:3 (WC,Vienna, 2.5.2005)

Most of those results dont mean too much, i posit. The Worlds simply are not best on best...the olympics are much closer to that. the slovaks always put together an impressive lineup for the worlds, but frankly today they dont have a chance...too many injuries and not enough depth to replace them. An upset would be fun though:)

Jedda

Sep 7, 2003
Boden, Sweden
SensGuy said:
Are you sure about this? That'd be great, hopefully it works for me later and I can watch.

And can someone tell me where to go on that site since I can't read anything on it.

They've shown every hockey match so far, so I would guess so... Just click on the sport logo at the channel and the stream will start

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Jedda said:
They've shown every hockey match so far, so I would guess so... Just click on the sport logo at the channel and the stream will start
Because I'm an idiot, where is the logo I'm supposed to click on? I clicked on the thing that said Studio Sport at the top but nothing happened.

And everytime I click on that page it re-directs me to another one.

EDIT: Nevermind, says Errorcode100 every time I click it, so it probably won't work for me.

Last edited:

gamera

Jan 3, 2006
Kovalchuk Army HQ
SensGuy said:
Because I'm an idiot, where is the logo I'm supposed to click on? I clicked on the thing that said Studio Sport at the top but nothing happened.

And everytime I click on that page it re-directs me to another one.

I did too and i think that page is saying you have to be in europe to see it

:(
im in usa

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
Where is Rachunek? I thought he was the best defensman in RSL. Anyway, this is a tough match up for us. I bet we're gonna see Chara every time KDK line steps on ice. Chara is huge, agile enough and fast. His footspeed is a bit lacking though and on the huge Olympic ice, someone as fast as Ilya or Ovechkin!!! may exploit that.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Russia is the team i'm looking forward to watch the most in this tournament and my 2nd favorite after Canada.

So many explosive and spectacular players in one lineup

Plz plz plz for the love of the hockey Gods and the whole world , we want to see a Kovalchuk - Malkin - Ovechkin line at least once in this tournament :D.

VladNYC*

Symbolic said:
Plz plz plz for the love of the hockey Gods and the whole world , we want to see a Kovalchuk - Malkin - Ovechkin line at least once in this tournament :D.

That line doesn't work and is a waste of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad