Russia vs Canada U20 frendlies

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
I have no problem of people giving their opinion, just be real about your intention behind it, that's all.

EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET YOU... *Slides on tin-foil hat*

I was expecting more from Bennett, but looking at his age now, it shouldn't have been that surprising he was out of position often and seemed to be unaware defense is a thing.

Aceonfire*

Is that bad news for Ritchie? He was running wild at the end of the game.

It could be. But Canada typically loves players that combine size/skill (see Rick Nash :laugh:).

Yeah maybe Replaced is the wrong word.

Chase played well, I would just add Horvat to that list

Chase surpassed a ton of peoples expectations and placed himself in the conversation for a roster spot. I consider that impressive.

Horvat was good, but I expected that from him. That is why I didn't include guys like Nurse, Morrisey etc.. They were good but we all expected that.

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET YOU... *Slides on tin-foil hat*

I was expecting more from Bennett, but looking at his age now, it shouldn't have been that surprising he was out of position often and seemed to be unaware defense is a thing.

Bennett was praised to be one of the most defensively responsible forwards before the draft. Why has this changed now that Calgary drafted him?

Or maybe it's a meaningless exhibition and we should just let their play during the season speak for itself?

Last edited:

GuillaumeLetsundress*

Is that bad news for Ritchie? He was running wild at the end of the game.

I really enjoyed the line of ritchie-mcjesus-fabbri when they played together in the game that wasnt a s#$t show but the way he acted today left me speechless, will be tough to leave him off the roster though. I believe he is poised to have a big year in the OHL this year

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Is there a video of this game? Would love to watch just for McDavid and the third period.

PZA*

Bennett was praised to be on of the most defensively responsible forwards before the draft. Why has this changed now that Calgary drafted him?

Or maybe it's a meaningless exhibition and we should just let their play during the season speak for itself?

Don't worry, he didn't watch the game. Bennett stole like at least 5-6 pucks from the Czech's just in that game.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Don't worry, he didn't watch the game. Bennett stole like at least 5-6 pucks from the Czech's just in that game.

You flames fans get so defensive.

He was way too undisciplined, and couldn't score on countless gift wrapped chances from mcdavid. Just because he didn't look good that game doesn't mean he's a bad player.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
You Calgary fans seem to be striking at shadows in the dark.

Anyway, I think Domi has already played himself off the team with his selfish, stupid play. He's as much of a hot head as his dad.

Nail

Mar 21, 2014
Not looking good for the Arizona Coyotes fans... Domi and Perlini haven't impressed at all

Replay

Sep 27, 2009
Calgary

He was way too undisciplined, and couldn't score on countless gift wrapped chances from mcdavid. Just because he didn't look good that game doesn't mean he's a bad player.

Its true. There's a couple posters that need to stop being so defensive about every flames prospect criticized. Two here to be exact.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Not looking good for the Arizona Coyotes fans... Domi and Perlini haven't impressed at all

Yeah wasn't impressed with either of these two.

As for Jets prospects Morrissey and Petan will probably make the team, Comrie is likely gone. Can't complain too much if that's the outcome.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I expected more from Petan, returnee, high scoring in the WHL, was pretty good at last years WJC.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I wouldn't argue too much about the goalies. They just had the summer off. This is probably the most high intensity game they've played in awhile. After a couple months in their junior leagues I think we'll see all the goalies play better. This was more for the forwards and defense then it was the goalies.

PZA*

I agree he did take bad penalties but that guy said Bennett didn't look good defensive and lost most of his puck battles which is wrong. He's just trying to exaggerate the negatives from a game which Bennett played decent.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
My new comparable for McDavid: Henrik Sedin on cocaine and 10 cups of coffee.

I'm not sure if he'll ever develop an elite goal scoring touch, though. Shouldn't stop him from being an elite player, nonetheless.

ZeroPT*

My new comparable for McDavid: Henrik Sedin on cocaine and 10 cups of coffee.

I'm not sure if he'll ever develop an elite goal scoring touch, though. Shouldn't stop him from being an elite player, nonetheless.

:laugh:

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Sam Bennett continuing his trend of unnecessary penalties is not a positive whether it's summer action or not.

McDavid's effectiveness has taken a step forward just like he showed towards the end of the year and in the playoffs. This is a gifted hockey player with the drive and determination to be complete.

Fans looking for Perlini's whereabouts is not a surprise. Neither is Fabbri's keeping up with McDavid.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Can someone who is not an Oilers fan but also not an Oiler hater, tell me how Chase played today.

I heard he may have lost his cool near the end of th game, what did he do?

Any info is appreciated.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Can someone who is not an Oilers fan but also not an Oiler hater, tell me how Chase played today.

Any info is appreciated.

Corey Pronman @coreypronman ·

It's a tough team to crack, and there's no "for sures" yet, but EDM's Chase has shown he's in the discussion for the U20 team.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013

Any info is appreciated.

He broke his stick slashing another player. He looked ok.

Rendole

Apr 29, 2013

Any info is appreciated.

He played good, good at carrying the puck up the ice. What happened was that he had a dirty slash at the end of the game, 2 hands on the stuck and not even trying to for the puck.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW

Any info is appreciated.

From what I saw from him he was decent. Good hands, decent skater, not the best at distributing the puck. If he's going to make the team it would be in the same role as Josh Anderson last year. Needs to stay disciplined in that role so the slash is concerning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad