Russia vs Canada U20 frendlies

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Sweden looked pretty solid but Russia came back. And like czka78 said, Russia needs some tweaking but they're missing a few solid players. Russia has the potential to be a really good team.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Third period of that Sweden-Russia game was fun. As a Blues fan, man, am I happy with Barbashev. His style reminds me of Patrice Bergeron.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Nice come back by Russia, but boy this team needs some tweaking.

Being an Islander's fan, I wasn't thrilled Sorokin was pulled after the 1st period. But that 2nd goal he gave up was pretty bad (played the angle poorly and the goal was scored on the long side), and maybe the coach was angry (or just trying to motivate his team). Either way, it worked, despite Timur Bialyev (sp ?) giving up 2 more goals to give Sweden a 4-1 lead, Russia fought back to tie it and the kid made some key saves in the game and shootout.

I wonder who Russia's starting goalie will be in December/January at the WJHC ? Maybe Shesterkin ? Though he didn't play at all.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Third period of that Sweden-Russia game was fun. As a Blues fan, man, am I happy with Barbashev. His style reminds me of Patrice Bergeron.

You guys have drafted really well. Barbashev was Russia's best player the whole tournament, and Fabbri looked explosive for Canada. Add in Ville Husso who should be Finland's starting goalie at the WJHC in December/January, and you guys had a spectacular 2014 draft.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
You guys have drafted really well. Barbashev was Russia's best player the whole tournament, and Fabbri looked explosive for Canada. Add in Ville Husso who should be Finland's starting goalie at the WJHC in December/January, and you guys had a spectacular 2014 draft.

Umm no I think that honour belongs to the guy who won them gold last year almost singlehandedly...

ZeroPT*

I think including Goldobin, Scherbak and Zadorov would help quite a bit. Doesn't seem to be in the cards for the first two though.

why not? Pardon my ignorance but did I miss something regarding the first 2?

ZeroPT*

Zadorov will be in baffalo. I expect kamenev to fight for a spot and Tkachyov will be out. Was very dissapointed with how zykov had looked.

Zadarov may be in Baffalo but he won't be in Buffalo ;).

I'd expect Zads to go back to junior. We have 7 D and he could still use seasoning.

LarsVonTrier*

Sweden looked pretty solid but Russia came back. And like czka78 said, Russia needs some tweaking but they're missing a few solid players. Russia has the potential to be a really good team.

sweden missed their top 2 players in burakowsky and nylander.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Zadarov may be in Baffalo but he won't be in Buffalo ;).

I'd expect Zads to go back to junior. We have 7 D and he could still use seasoning.

I fully expect Zadorov to be back in junior for one more year... if any young Buffalo D prospect forces his way on to the big club, it will be this guy ----->>>> Rasmus Ristolainen

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Being an Islander's fan, I wasn't thrilled Sorokin was pulled after the 1st period. But that 2nd goal he gave up was pretty bad (played the angle poorly and the goal was scored on the long side), and maybe the coach was angry (or just trying to motivate his team). Either way, it worked, despite Timur Bialyev (sp ?) giving up 2 more goals to give Sweden a 4-1 lead, Russia fought back to tie it and the kid made some key saves in the game and shootout.

I wonder who Russia's starting goalie will be in December/January at the WJHC ? Maybe Shesterkin ? Though he didn't play at all.

The Russians have played a ton of games in a short period of time and its the pull a groin etc time of the year. I am suprised more people hasn't been in and out of the line-up or moving real bad etc because of injures.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Husso should start over Saros??? Man, pass the pills to everyone else as well.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Husso should start over Saros??? Man, pass the pills to everyone else as well.

My apologies, I thought Saros was going to be too old for the tournament. I believe it will be his 3rd tournament ?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I wish Tyler Bertuzzi was playing these games. If he plays anything like he did in the mem cup, he could be huge for the Canadian team at the tournament as a depth scorer that kills penalties and provides a physical presence.

He'll need to have a hot start to the season though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad