Russia U20 National Team

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I hate it how they leak it by a drop, but the first line is apprently out

Khusnutdinov - Svechkov - Michkov

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I expected Chibrikov on the LW here, but if it allows to properly utilize Khus then I'm more than fine, as so far finding an effective lineup place for him was a bit of a challenge.
That is a bit about how good this forward group is. Khusnutdinov can be a 1st liner on it. I would rather see him at center, but that looks good too. And the second line shouldn't be any worse with Chibrikov on it.

Cskavars

May 25, 2018
I hate it how they leak it by a drop, but the first line is apprently out

any ideas what the rest of the top 9 could look like ?
something like this?
Chibrikov - Guslitov - Yurov
Miroshnichenko/ one of the OHL guys or another winger who impressed in camp - Ponomaryov - Pashin
as for 4th line i assume it depends if they want more skill or more big and heavy/ defensive players

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
any ideas what the rest of the top 9 could look like ?
something like this?
Chibrikov - Guslitov - Yurov
Miroshnichenko/ one of the OHL guys or another winger who impressed in camp - Ponomaryov - Pashin
as for 4th line i assume it depends if they want more skill or more big and heavy/ defensive players
Miro is a lock at this point. Pashin's only problem is size. That is why it will be really tough for CHL players to crack this roster.

Top two lines are easily interchangeable as well as top9 players I expect to move around once coaches start looking for better combos.

Only the 4th line is a bit of a mystery. But tomorrow the anouncement is due.

Reactions: Cskavars

Cskavars

May 25, 2018
Miro is a lock at this point. Pashin's only problem is size. That is why it will be really tough for CHL players to crack this roster.

Top two lines are easily interchangeable as well as top9 players I expect to move around once coaches start looking for better combos.

Only the 4th line is a bit of a mystery. But tomorrow the anouncement is due.
i wouldnt mind one of the CHL guys as extra in case Miro struggles, as far as Pashin goes i really hope his size isnt the reason they dont bring him, between scoring in the VHL and 4 Nations in November hes shown he can compete regardless with Men and top junior players

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
i wouldnt mind one of the CHL guys as extra in case Miro struggles, as far as Pashin goes i really hope his size isnt the reason they dont bring him, between scoring in the VHL and 4 Nations in November hes shown he can compete regardless with Men and top junior players
Well, the players from Russia got the pass. So Pashin will be on the 3rd line I guess.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
who do people think will be the other 3rd line winger?
That is now not easy to gues because we have no idea what the pln for the 4th line is. If the 4th is for shutting down and big bodies, it's one thing, if not...

It's just the Top6 is basically set. And Pashin is not 4th line player by design as a speedy smallish winger. Maybe they will put a big body on the other wing. The center depth is set too. So if Khus - Svechkov - Michkov is the 1st line as it was leaked, then Ponomaryov and Guslistov are 2c and 3C while I have no idea who will center which line. So 3C is either Guslistov or Ponomaryov.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Well, the players from Russia got the pass. So Pashin will be on the 3rd line I guess.

who do people think will be the other 3rd line winger?

Sounds like the initial idea is to try again the Tyutnev-Ponomaryov-Pashin line, which could actually be considered as 2nd line or at least the middle-six line if that concept is there.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Pashin might be the fastest skater in this tournament by far. I had a good chuckle in the 3rd when he made a mistake in the O zone, but with ease rushed back in time while I could not imagine any other player still recovering after being caught that much too high. Sometimes physical abilities do matter. The mistake was stupid, yes, but he was the one guy who could recover on his foot speed alone.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The most interesting part will be his understanding of defence. Larionov's was not bad, it was non-existent.
I stand corrected. The most interesting part will be to see if Zubov realizes his line-combos are absurd.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
While I don't deny that Askarov looked nervous, bashing him hard like the fans and "experts" are doing everywhere now is just against the common sense to me.

Much of it is accumulative though. If it wasn't the same crap as last year nobody would be complaining as much.
He just hasn't shown any improvement since his NHL draft year.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
If Russia was playing in this WJC, what could a possible team look like? Would Demidov be ready?

About a month ago I thought about that and wrote down something like that:

Chibrikov-Svechkov-Michkov
Buchelnikov-Yurov-Poltapov
Petrov-Ivantsov-Grebyonkin
Neuchev-Katelevskiy-Yarovoy
Miroshnichenko, Vinogradov

Mintyukov-Yevseyev
Makarov-Grudinin
Koromyslov-Orlov
Novikov-Duda

Ivanov
Nabokov
Vyazovoy

Since then I might want to put Ilya Fedotov somewhere there, maybe Grushnikov too, but I think that for Demidov it still would be a bit too early.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
I try too:

Fedotov - Ivantsov - Michkov
Buchelnikov - Katelevsky - Grebyonkin
Yarovoy - Vinogradov - Yurov
Miroshnichenko - Svechkov - Poltapov

Mintyukov - Koromyslov
Yevseyev - Novikov
Ivanov - Gulyayev

Vyazovoy
Ivanov
Murashov

olgerd

Oct 19, 2021
Chibrikov-Svechkov-Michkov
Buchelnikov-Yurov-Yarovoy
Fedotov-Ivantsov-Grebyonkin
Miroshnichenko-Vinogradov-Neuchev
Petrov-Demidov-Poltapov
Perevalov-Katelevsky-Trikozov

Mintyukov-Yevseyev
Duda-Grudinin
Gulyayev-Novikov
Koromyslov-Orlov
Kudryavtsev-Komarov
Simashev-Grushnikov

Ivanov
Vyazovoy
Murashov

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Don’t know why you guys are so high on Chibrikov. His season is bad and they should be guys rightfully above him in the charts. Ivantsov is centering a KHL Team, Svechkov played his last games in the MHL. Yurov isn’t playing Center, while Katelevsky is having one if not the highest FO win% of all Russian U20 in the KHL.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Don’t know why you guys are so high on Chibrikov. His season is bad and they should be guys rightfully above him in the charts. Ivantsov is centering a KHL Team, Svechkov played his last games in the MHL. Yurov isn’t playing Center, while Katelevsky is having one if not the highest FO win% of all Russian U20 in the KHL.
For me the main idea was that the first line would be 'Michkov feat. some supporting cast' and I think that Chibrikov and Svechkov would be good enough for that role even despite their struggles. As for Yurov at center he actually played 7 KHL games there this season (much more than Kravtsov back in the days btw), but the main reason was that with all respect to other centers I kind of doubt them being effective enough at the second line role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad