Russia U20 National Team

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
How is it political? More like the erratic recent FHR making moves for the sake of making moves. Shuffling Bratash with Larionov is perfectly that. Especially given that Larionov was obviously Rotenberg's idea and favorite.
I see no reasonable explanation to this, thus I thought it has to be a political decision, it also could be that they make Larionov an NT coach after the Olympics?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I see no reasonable explanation to this, thus I thought it has to be a political decision, it also could be that they make Larionov an NT coach after the Olympics?
If there is no reasonable explanation(besides that Larionov is a bad coach) that does not mean it's political. It means we don't know what bit the FHR. And Bratash was just moved from OT coach to U20 coach. The possibility that Larionov is supposed by some to make the jump in the opposite direction exists. But I have no idea hoe big or small the probability is.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

That the most rational explanation. Larionov is being groomed for the NT job. It's not like Bratash was in consideration for anything at higher level.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010

With the tournament only 8 weeks away, it is a crazy time to make a coaching change. You could speculate on any number of reasons, including the possibility that Larionov himself decided to pull out. It seems that Larionov did such a bad job last year that the FHR was okay with the last-minute change. Once again, they ignored my wishes to promote Filatov to the HC job, but then again, they never seem to pay any attention to my wishes.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Roster for the Karjala Cup(I am too lazy to iron out all the automated transliteration wrinkles)

G: Jaroslav Askarov (SKA), Timur Biljalov («Ak Bars»), Vladimir Galkin («Avtomobilist»).

D: Aleksandr Nikishin, Egor Savikov («Spartak»), Sergej Telegin («Traktor»), Shakir Muhamadullin («Salavat Julaev»), Kirill Kirsanov, Arsenij Koromyslov, Nikita Smirnov (SKA), Semen Chistjakov («Avangard»), Nikita Novikov («Dinamo»), Vladimir Grudinin (CSKA).

F: Danil Bashkirov («Salavat Julaev»), Artem Galimov, Dmitrij Voronkov, Il'ja Safonov («Ak Bars»), Dmitrij Rashevskij, Ivan Didkovskij («Dinamo»), Nikita Tertyshnyj («Traktor»), Nikita Chibrikov, Fedor Svechkov, Marat Husnutdinov, Matvej Michkov (SKA), Maksim Fedotov («Torpedo»), Nikita Guslistov («Severstal'»), Pavel Tjutnev («Lokomotiv»), Vasilij Ponomarev («Spartak»).

This is basically the U20 team and it's pretty close to the WJC roster.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Roster for the Karjala Cup(I am too lazy to iron out all the automated transliteration wrinkles)

G: Jaroslav Askarov (SKA), Timur Biljalov («Ak Bars»), Vladimir Galkin («Avtomobilist»).

D: Aleksandr Nikishin, Egor Savikov («Spartak»), Sergej Telegin («Traktor»), Shakir Muhamadullin («Salavat Julaev»), Kirill Kirsanov, Arsenij Koromyslov, Nikita Smirnov (SKA), Semen Chistjakov («Avangard»), Nikita Novikov («Dinamo»), Vladimir Grudinin (CSKA).

F: Danil Bashkirov («Salavat Julaev»), Artem Galimov, Dmitrij Voronkov, Il'ja Safonov («Ak Bars»), Dmitrij Rashevskij, Ivan Didkovskij («Dinamo»), Nikita Tertyshnyj («Traktor»), Nikita Chibrikov, Fedor Svechkov, Marat Husnutdinov, Matvej Michkov (SKA), Maksim Fedotov («Torpedo»), Nikita Guslistov («Severstal'»), Pavel Tjutnev («Lokomotiv»), Vasilij Ponomarev («Spartak»).

This is basically the U20 team and it's pretty close to the WJC roster.

It has been corrected that it is not Maxim, but rather Ilya Fedotov. To filter out the U20 guys here:

GK: Askarov
D: Savikov, Mukhamadullin, Kirsanov, Koromyslov, Novikov, Smirnov, Grudinin
FW: Didkovskiy, Chibrikov, Svechkov, Khusnutdinov, Michkov, Fedotov, Guslistov, Tyutnev, Ponomaryov.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
It has been corrected that it is not Maxim, but rather Ilya Fedotov.

Wasn't reading it too carefully, but I automatically assumed that would be Ilya.;)

GK: Askarov
D: Savikov, Mukhamadullin, Kirsanov, Koromyslov, Novikov, Smirnov, Grudinin
FW: Didkovskiy, Chibrikov, Svechkov, Khusnutdinov, Michkov, Fedotov, Guslistov, Tyutnev, Ponomaryov.

I think we can start lineup predictions for WJC.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Camp roster for the 4 Nations Tournament:

GK
Yegor Guskov
Sergei Ivanov
Maxim Motorygin

D
Mikhail Berezovskiy
Semyon Buivan
Timofei Davydov
Maxim Fedotov
Dmitri Kostenko
Daniil Kuzmin
Nikolai Makarov
Daniil Orlov
Roman Romanov
Kirill Steklov

FW
Andrei Bakanov
Semyon Demidov
Mikhail Goryunov-Rolgizer
Ilya Ivantsov
Dmitri Katelevskiy
Alexander Kisakov
Daniil Lazutin
Ivan Miroshnichenko
Alexander Pashin
Prokhor Poltapov
Kirill Tankov
Bogdan Trineyev
Danila Yurov
Dmitri Zlodeyev
Dmitri Zugan
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Camp roster for the 4 Nations Tournament:

GK
Yegor Guskov
Sergei Ivanov
Maxim Motorygin
D
Mikhail Berezovskiy
Semyon Buivan
Timofei Davydov
Maxim Fedotov
Dmitri Kostenko
Daniil Kuzmin
Nikolai Makarov
Daniil Orlov
Roman Romanov
Kirill Steklov
FW
Andrei Bakanov
Semyon Demidov
Mikhail Goryunov-Rolgizer
Ilya Ivantsov
Dmitri Katelevskiy
Alexander Kisakov
Daniil Lazutin
Ivan Miroshnichenko
Alexander Pashin
Prokhor Poltapov
Kirill Tankov
Bogdan Trineyev
Danila Yurov
Dmitri Zlodeyev
Dmitri Zugan
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
This expalins where Yurov and Miro are. totally forgot there is the 4 Nations Tournament too.

I am still missing Perevalov on this roster.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Imo, the biggest omission on both rosters would be Zakhar Vinogradov, as he is posting quite some numbers in the VHL while both Guskov and Motorygin are not very impressive.

Obviously Ovchinnikov too, but here it might be not bad at all, as finally he has a chance to play in the KHL and losing it due to the camp would be not too good.

Had high hopes for Machulin, but he isn't playing for quite some time now, I guess he is injured.

Some rumors appeared about hte possibility of not inviting NA-based guys at all this year, not sure how much truth in those, but still something to take note of.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Imo, the biggest omission on both rosters would be Zakhar Vinogradov, as he is posting quite some numbers in the VHL while both Guskov and Motorygin are not very impressive.

Obviously Ovchinnikov too, but here it might be not bad at all, as finally he has a chance to play in the KHL and losing it due to the camp would be not too good.

Had high hopes for Machulin, but he isn't playing for quite some time now, I guess he is injured.

Some rumors appeared about hte possibility of not inviting NA-based guys at all this year, not sure how much truth in those, but still something to take note of.
Ovchinnikov should be a lock. And yes, it's probably best to let him play in the KHL at this point while he is getting good at this.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Ovchinnikov should be a lock. And yes, it's probably best to let him play in the KHL at this point while he is getting good at this.

Can't agree about the lock part. Ovchinnikov is RW and among mostly RW guys we have Khusnutdinov, Michkov, Didkovskiy, Yurov, Pashin, Kisakov. Not to mention Chibrikov and Poltapov as they play LW too, some centers like Guslistov and Zugan, who can easily be moved to wing and also Gushchin. I'd say not only he isn't a lock, but actually has got a good mountain to climb.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Can't agree about the lock part. Ovchinnikov is RW and among mostly RW guys we have Khusnutdinov, Michkov, Didkovskiy, Yurov, Pashin, Kisakov. Not to mention Chibrikov and Poltapov as they play LW too, some centers like Guslistov and Zugan, who can easily be moved to wing and also Gushchin. I'd say not only he isn't a lock, but actually has got a good mountain to climb.
Nobody seems to be a lock this year. And it's a good thing from out fan perspective.:nod: It is just courtesy of how many worthy forwards are there. It's nuts really! From the players' perspective there will be some bitter disappointments I guess after the final roster is anounced.

I don't know how they'll handle it now. Back in Bragin days he would probably favor Ovchinnikov's KHL experience a lot as that was his policy(putting him above such guys as Kisakov for example). That is probably what I saw there. A guys who scores in the KHL would probably be a lock in any other year.

And I really hope they put Khusnutdinov at C.

Otherwise there are like 20 forwards to choose from who in any other year would make the team no questions asked.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Nobody seems to be a lock this year. And it's a good thing from out fan perspective.:nod: It is just courtesy of how many worthy forwards are there. It's nuts really! From the players' perspective there will be some bitter disappointments I guess after the final roster is anounced.

I don't know how they'll handle it now. Back in Bragin days he would probably favor Ovchinnikov's KHL experience a lot as that was his policy(putting him above such guys as Kisakov for example). That is probably what I saw there. A guys who scores in the KHL would probably be a lock in any other year.

And I really hope they put Khusnutdinov at C.

Otherwise there are like 20 forwards to choose from who in any other year would make the team no questions asked.

If Ovchinnikov would be really playing in the KHL then yes, but until just recently he was just warming the bench. Also there is an issue that physically he is still very subpar, so not sure if he would be Bragin's type.

As for Khusnutdinov I've been very disappointed in him as a C last year, but if they'll keep Chibrikov-Svechkov-Khusnutdinov line together maybe they can be interchangeable with Svechkov in that way.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
If Ovchinnikov would be really playing in the KHL then yes, but until just recently he was just warming the bench. Also there is an issue that physically he is still very subpar, so not sure if he would be Bragin's type.

As for Khusnutdinov I've been very disappointed in him as a C last year, but if they'll keep Chibrikov-Svechkov-Khusnutdinov line together maybe they can be interchangeable with Svechkov in that way.

For Ovchinnikov I am extrapolating a bit towards December as he is getting more icetime lately and he is scoring(unlike Yurov). Also 2 points in 9 games is more than most locks on that selection have on their KHL resume. It's not like he has those 2 points in the VHL. Some guys on the team won't have any KHL experience at all let alone numbers in the KHL. As for Bragin's type It hink you misinterpret Bragin there. He sure liked his team having a couple of big, physical guys on the bottom six, but it was not a requirement for a single player to be at least 6' and 200lbs. Quite a difference. He's had a fair share of smallish skilled players in his selections.

I have no idea and my guess is no one has with all the coaches circus how they will select the players for the final roster, i.e. which and how many centers will make it. But I still think Khusnutdinov could be a C, even a top C for this group on the juniors level. I would rather have him and Svechkov center different lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fantomas

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
For Ovchinnikov I am extrapolating a bit towards December as he is getting more icetime lately and he is scoring(unlike Yurov). Also 2 points in 9 games is more than most locks on that selection have on their KHL resume. It's not like he has those 2 points in the VHL. Some guys on the team won't have any KHL experience at all let alone numbers in the KHL. As for Bragin's type It hink you misinterpret Bragin there. He sure liked his team having a couple of big, physical guys on the bottom six, but it was not a requirement for a single player to be at least 6' and 200lbs. Quite a difference. He's had a fair share of smallish skilled players in his selections.

I have no idea and my guess is no one has with all thecoaches circus how they will select the player for the final roster, i.e. which and how many centers will make it. But I still think Khusnutdinov could be a C, even a top C for this group on the juniors level. I would rather have him and Svechkov center different lines.

Yeah, Bragin obviously didn't take only grinders, but I really can't remember a lot of guys with that type of physicality issues on his teams in the past... probably only Dorofeyev comes to my mind.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Bratash said camp will start early in December. Meaning that counting the EHT break the U20 players will have like another two weeks to play in whatever leagues until camp starts and then be away for a month+ with that WJC business.

So basically there are those two weeks and the EHT for final in game evaluations.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Looks like the 4 Nations roster has slightly changed to say the least:

GK
Yegor Guskov
Maxim Motorygin
Zakhar Vinogradov

D
Mikhail Berezovskiy
Timofei Davydov
Maxim Fedotov
Dmitri Kostenko
Daniil Kuzmin
Nikolai Makarov
Roman Romanov

FW
Semyon Demidov
Ivan Didkovskiy
Ilya Fedotov
Ilya Ivantsov
Alexander Kisakov
Daniil Lazutin
Ivan Miroshnichenko
Alexander Pashin
Kirill Tankov
Bogdan Trineyev
Pavel Tyutnev
Danila Yurov
Dmitri Zlodeyev
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
After the first game.

Guskov was good at times and then he was crap. Oh my, with Askarov still looking for his mojo this is going to be fun...

Defencemen were placeholders.

Kisakov, Trineyev, Zlodeyev were worse than expected. Kisakov's lack of progress should be alarming to whoever drafted him.

Pashin is fast. Whether that will be enough to make this years stacked WJC roster is the question.

Tankov looked okay.

Miroshnichenko can't hit a barn gate.

Yurov is just on another level.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
After the first game.

Guskov was good at times and then he was crap. Oh my, with Askarov still looking for his mojo this is going to be fun...

Defencemen were placeholders.

Kisakov, Trineyev, Zlodeyev were worse than expected. Kisakov's lack of progress should be alarming to whoever drafted him.

Pashin is fast. Whether that will be enough to make this years stacked WJC roster is the question.

Tankov looked okay.

Miroshnichenko can't hit a barn gate.

Yurov is just on another level.

Trineyev didn't play yet though, you're probably confusing him with someone.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
So far in the 1st period against the Czechs Yurov continues to be the dominant force. And he is an underager still...

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Now the head coach is Zubov.

Also the Russian-based camp roster has been announced:

GK
Yaroslav Askarov
Yegor Guskov
Maxim Motorygin
Zakhar Vinogradov

D
Timofei Davydov
Vladimir Grudinin
Maxim Fedotov
Kirill Kirsanov
Arseni Koromyslov
Daniil Kuzmin
Nikolai Makarov
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Nikita Novikov
Roman Romanov
Yegor Savikov
Nikita Smirnov

FW
Nikita Chibrikov
Semyon Demidov
Ivan Didkovskiy
Nikita Guslistov
Ilya Ivantsov
Marat Khusnutdinov
Kirill Melnichenko
Matvei Michkov
Ivan Miroshnichenko
Alexander Pashin
Vasili Ponomaryov
Fyodor Svechkov
Kirill Tankov
Bogdan Trineyev
Pavel Tyutnev
Danila Yurov
Ivan Zinchenko
Dmitri Zlodeyev
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Now the head coach is Zubov.

Also the Russian-based camp roster has been announced:

GK
Yaroslav Askarov
Yegor Guskov
Maxim Motorygin
Zakhar Vinogradov
D
Timofei Davydov
Vladimir Grudinin
Maxim Fedotov
Kirill Kirsanov
Arseni Koromyslov
Daniil Kuzmin
Nikolai Makarov
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Nikita Novikov
Roman Romanov
Yegor Savikov
Nikita Smirnov
FW
Nikita Chibrikov
Semyon Demidov
Ivan Didkovskiy
Nikita Guslistov
Ilya Ivantsov
Marat Khusnutdinov
Kirill Melnichenko
Matvei Michkov
Ivan Miroshnichenko
Alexander Pashin
Vasili Ponomaryov
Fyodor Svechkov
Kirill Tankov
Bogdan Trineyev
Pavel Tyutnev
Danila Yurov
Ivan Zinchenko
Dmitri Zlodeyev
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

How do they plan to integrate the NA based players?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad