Russia U20 National Team

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Andrei Bakanov scored 2 goals today in the KHL.
He was viewed as a 1st rounder at one point, but his development has stalled. Hopefully, it'll restart.

Talented roster next year. One of the deepest in recent memory imo.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He was viewed as a 1st rounder at one point, but his development has stalled. Hopefully, it'll restart.

Talented roster next year. One of the deepest in recent memory imo.

When he was seen as a potential 1st rounder it was awhile back. Pretty normal for a hyped 14 year old to fall off a little bit. Bakanov has played in strong junior and youth leagues in North America but I think he was lucky to get the spot he did within Kunlun's team this season. Regardless , it would be dumb for him to go back to playing with kids in the OHL but he is under contract , I believe him and Chayka will have to go back to Guelph when the OHL returns

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
But Larrionov said they had no prolbems with him:)

The Federation dug their own grave by plucking an icon who had never coached into the head coaching spot, ahead of several young aspiring guys who were patiently waiting their turn, including Golubovich and Filatov. Then, when the icon falls flat on his face at the WJC, well, you can't just dump him like you would anyone else who produced such a horrible record, because, after all, he is a great icon from the past! I don't expect any improvement from him in 2022, but they have to stand by him, because, after all, he is an icon from the past!

Reactions: ozo and BMann

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The Federation dug their own grave by plucking an icon who had never coached into the head coaching spot, ahead of several young aspiring guys who were patiently waiting their turn, including Golubovich and Filatov. Then, when the icon falls flat on his face at the WJC, well, you can't just dump him like you would anyone else who produced such a horrible record, because, after all, he is a great icon from the past! I don't expect any improvement from him in 2022, but they have to stand by him, because, after all, he is an icon from the past!
This

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Teams under Golubovich played ugly and dumb hockey, weren't much sucessfull and that young aspiring guy who looks like an old alcoholic always seemed to have a couple of blatnykh in his teams. I prefer Larionov to him. Thank you very much.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Teams under Golubovich played ugly and dumb hockey, weren't much sucessfull and that young aspiring guy who looks like an old alcoholic always seemed to have a couple of blatnykh in his teams. I prefer Larionov to him. Thank you very much.
A hockey fan does not prefer Larionov. Hence...

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Black Sea Cup camp roster:

GK
Yaroslav Askarov
Yegor Guskov
Maxim Motorygin
Pavel Romashkin
Platon Zadorozhnyi

D
Semyon Buivan
Timofei Davydov
Maxim Fedotov
Andrei Gusev
Timur Karimov
Dmitri Kostenko
Daniil Kuzmin
Yan Kuznetsov
Vasili Machulin
Roman Romanov
Yegor Savikov
Nikita Smirnov
Yegor Smirnov
Kirill Steklov
Alexei Varennik
Alexei Yegorov
Filat Zotov

FW
Alexander Agapov
Danil Aimurzin
Danil Avershin
Andrei Bakanov
Nikita Buruyanov
Semyon Demidov
Ivan Didkovskiy
Nikita Dishkovskiy
Mikhail Goryunov-Rolgizer
Nikita Guslistov
Alexander Kisakov
Ignat Kokhanin
Kirill Kondyrev
Maxim Krovyakov
Yegor Kuzminov
Kirill Melnichenko
Dmitri Ovchinnikov
Alexander Pashin
Ilya Rychkov
Nikolai Smirnov
Stepan Steshenko
Ivan Styozhkin
Bogdan Trineyev
Pavel Tyutnev
Ivan Vorobyov
Dmitri Zlodeyev
Dmitri Zugan
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Black Sea Cup camp roster:

GK
Yaroslav Askarov
Yegor Guskov
Maxim Motorygin
Pavel Romashkin
Platon Zadorozhnyi
D
Semyon Buivan
Timofei Davydov
Maxim Fedotov
Andrei Gusev
Timur Karimov
Dmitri Kostenko
Daniil Kuzmin
Yan Kuznetsov
Vasili Machulin
Roman Romanov
Yegor Savikov
Nikita Smirnov
Yegor Smirnov
Kirill Steklov
Alexei Varennik
Alexei Yegorov
Filat Zotov
FW
Alexander Agapov
Danil Aimurzin
Danil Avershin
Andrei Bakanov
Nikita Buruyanov
Semyon Demidov
Ivan Didkovskiy
Nikita Dishkovskiy
Mikhail Goryunov-Rolgizer
Nikita Guslistov
Alexander Kisakov
Ignat Kokhanin
Kirill Kondyrev
Maxim Krovyakov
Yegor Kuzminov
Kirill Melnichenko
Dmitri Ovchinnikov
Alexander Pashin
Ilya Rychkov
Nikolai Smirnov
Stepan Steshenko
Ivan Styozhkin
Bogdan Trineyev
Pavel Tyutnev
Ivan Vorobyov
Dmitri Zlodeyev
Dmitri Zugan
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

No Chayka is strange. Also are they resting guys from u18s?

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Looks like they added one of U18 guys, likely as an emergency though, as Vladimir Grudinin replaces Zotov on the roster.

He is kind of small, but Grudinin can really skate and handle the puck well. He made a lot of great plays in the World U18 tournament.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
The team will play in Sochi again in July, at a KHL preseason tournament. Alas, I'm afraid no Michkov and Miroshnichenko again, because of Hlinka Gretzky.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Sochi Hockey Open roster:

GK
Yaroslav Askarov
Yegor Guskov
Dmitri Nikolayev

D
Timofei Davydov
Maxim Fedotov
Vladimir Grudinin
Kirill Kirsanov
Arseni Koromyslov
Vasili Machulin
Nikolai Makarov
Yegor Savikov
Kirill Steklov
Alexei Varennik

FW
Danil Aimurzin
Andrei Bakanov
Nikita Chibrikov
Ilya Fedotov
Danil Gushchin
Nikita Guslistov
Marat Khusnutdinov
Alexander Kisakov
Kirill Kondyrev
Daniil Lazutin
Kirill Melnichenko
Fyodor Svechkov
Bogdan Trineyev
Danila Yurov
Dmitri Zlodeyev
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Yeah, playing vs 2004 kids or vs top KHL teams, what is more interesting, I wonder...
We can agree to disagree, I think there is more value in international exposure and seeing other styles, vs uber-defensive khl trap systems. But I def see your point, it's like spaghetti or linguini questions :)

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Camp roster for the 4 Nations:

Goalkeepers: Yegor Guskov, Maxim Motorygin, Zakhar Vinogradov

Defensemen: Yegor Savikov, Mikhail Berezovsky, Nikita Smirnov, Semyon Buyvan, Filat Zotov, Dmitry Kostenko, Daniil Kuzmin, Shakir Mukhamadullin, Roman Romanov, Maxim Fedotov

Forwards: Danil Avershin, Vasily Ponomaryov, Alexander Agapov, Semyon Demidov, Ivan Didkovsky, Nikita Dishkovsky, Ilya Ivantsov, Daniil Lazutin, Dmitry Zugan, Yegor Kuzminov, Kirill Kadyshev, Dmitry Katelevsky, Ivan Mekhovov, Dmitry Ovchinnikov, Pavel Tyutnev

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Camp roster for the 4 Nations:

Goalkeepers: Yegor Guskov, Maxim Motorygin, Zakhar Vinogradov

Defensemen: Yegor Savikov, Mikhail Berezovsky, Nikita Smirnov, Semyon Buyvan, Filat Zotov, Dmitry Kostenko, Daniil Kuzmin, Shakir Mukhamadullin, Roman Romanov, Maxim Fedotov

Forwards: Danil Avershin, Vasily Ponomaryov, Alexander Agapov, Semyon Demidov, Ivan Didkovsky, Nikita Dishkovsky, Ilya Ivantsov, Daniil Lazutin, Dmitry Zugan, Yegor Kuzminov, Kirill Kadyshev, Dmitry Katelevsky, Ivan Mekhovov, Dmitry Ovchinnikov, Pavel Tyutnev

Kostenko, Romanov, Zotov, Agapov and Kuzminov didn't make it to the final roster for this tournament.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Larionov out. Bratsh in. Bet you did not see that coming. You know I hated Larionov as HC, but this move is crazy.

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
I do not understand that. Now what is Larionov's job?! The Olympic team can certainly not have been his wish? Does he hope to take over the Sbornaja? Tretjak should finally retire.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Pretty puzzled by this, don't see much reasoning here. Something political.
How is it political? More like the erratic recent FHR making moves for the sake of making moves. Shuffling Bratash with Larionov is perfectly that. Especially given that Larionov was obviously Rotenberg's idea and favorite.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I do not understand that. Now what is Larionov's job?! The Olympic team can certainly not have been his wish? Does he hope to take over the Sbornaja? Tretjak should finally retire.
I think the last sentence is the most important part. With all that moving around how about finally sending gramps into his well deserved company of formers giving their interviews?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad