Signing(s): Russell Wilson signs extension with the Seahawks (4 years, $140 million)

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
That's right NY, go draft yer own gd quarterback! You can have Ciara, though.
Seriously though I'm pretty relieved after this weird drama fest.
And he even got a no-trade, guess he *does* want to be here.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He deserves every penny. Smart of Seattle to get it done and not let it drag on.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Are we finally over getting outraged over every new contract being the biggest contract ever? It's about time.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I figured Seattle would cave. No team in their right mind lets their franchise guy walk.

Inb4 Patrick Mahomes completely shatters this mark within the next year.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
He is that team but 35 million a year is way to much for him. 20-25 million a year would have been enough for him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He is that team but 35 million a year is way to much for him. 20-25 million a year would have been enough for him.
He was guaranteed $30 and $36 if they tagged him.

I still am surprised that they opted to do this deal. It’s basically a 3 year deal based on guaranteed money of $107 million with $65 in SB. They gained the final franchise tag year of $52 million. Would have been like $117 mill for 3 years solely on the tag.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Is he going to throw the ball up and go catch it himself? I mean, he probably could.

Baldwin is looking at recovery from multiple surgeries and a probable decline, so I think the team will be looking to add help there. Drafting their guy wouldn't surprise me.
Lockett's pretty great though.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Baldwin is looking at recovery from multiple surgeries and a probable decline, so I think the team will be looking to add help there. Drafting their guy wouldn't surprise me.
Lockett's pretty great though.
I was complementing Wilson more than I was trying to put down Seattle's wr core.

Reactions: sigma six

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
What do GMs negociate exactly?

These cowards keep breaking bank every single time a starting QB is out of contract. It's not a coencidence the top 6 most paid QBs played for teams that didn't make the playoffs.

Teams like Chicago, LA and KC should stack up right now because their window will end soon enough.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
If you're a QB entering free agency and don't set a new record for a contract of some sort, you probably suck.

Wilson is legitimately great though.

Reactions: Blitzkrug

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

These cowards keep breaking bank every single time a starting QB is out of contract. It's not a coencidence the top 6 most paid QBs played for teams that didn't make the playoffs.

Teams like Chicago, LA and KC should stack up right now because their window will end soon enough.

It's either you pay your franchise QB or somebody else will. Pretty basic concept of supply and demand really.

Maybe you're the coward for trying to insinuate a QB is enough to carry a team into the playoffs (spoilers; it's not most of the time)

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

It actually is a coincidence those 6 guys didn't make the playoffs as it just came down to when the contract was signed and who got hurt.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
It actually is a coincidence those 6 guys didn't make the playoffs as it just came down to when the contract was signed and who got hurt.
I understand.

There's no exact science in sports anyways.

It's just been a mockery of the cap system to me how every top tier QB has been breaking records every quarter of the year. Guys like Goff, Trubisky and Mahomes must be licking their chops, begging their agents to wait until the last moment to sign a deal, because they now that in their cases, more time is more money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad