Ruslan Fedotenko invited to camp

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I worry that an older vet like Gomez will show up at this camp, all gung-ho, outplay a few of our signed players, he'll get a one year contract, Lou will trade some forwards away, and by January Gomer will start getting lazy and have a less than motivated attitude.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
I like the invites if it means during camp guys like Henrique/Zajac/etc. are playing against Fedotenko, Gomez, or Tootoo instead of someone like Janssen.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I don't remember ever seeing a team invite 'this' many washed up NHL'ers to camp. Especially one with so many forwards under contract as is. That Major League clip the other day was perfect :laugh:

As I said in another post, Lou is assembling an expansion team to play in AmeriHealth Pavilion.

The NHL will announce later today that we have been awarded a 2nd franchise in Newark.

Semak

I actually like this now that I think about it. Not because of the names coming to camp - who really cares, since probably none of them will make the team - but because there are a lot of players out there who know that the Devils give camp invites a fair shot. Having lots of these means we've dramatically increased our chance of finding a gem who could have a good year (and increase the overall number of assets in the franchise, thus creating trade value).

Best way to look at it. If one of these guys turns in a Sykora-like useful season, not necessarily with goals but just in general effectiveness in their role then that's a win.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
Would still be pretty pointless if we don't have the room to sign them. If one of these tryouts turn out to be great, and we don't have the space. I'll be like another Strahlman.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
what_year_is_it.jpg

HOLY **** I am dying! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad