GDT: Running Preseason GDT | Gm 8 FINALE | CBJ @ WSH 7 PM EST | 10/08/22 | Stream on bluejackets.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Laine -- Johnson -- Voracek
Gaudreau -- Roslovic -- Chinakhov
Jenner -- Sillinger -- Nyquist
Robinson -- Kuraly -- xxx

🤔

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Laine -- Johnson -- Voracek
Gaudreau -- Roslovic -- Chinakhov
Jenner -- Sillinger -- Nyquist
Robinson -- Kuraly -- xxx

🤔

I'd try

Gaudreau - Johnson - Laine
Chinakhov - Roslovic - Voracek
Jenner - Sillinger - Nyquist
Robinson - Kuraly - Danforth
Foudy
Olivier

We're not going to be able to fully assess how the top line works until Gaudreau gets some good night sleep.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I'd try

Foudy
Olivier

We're not going to be able to fully assess how the top line works until Gaudreau gets some good night sleep.
With a newborn he's probably not going to get a good night's sleep for a few years at this point.

Reactions: VT

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Looking back through the depth chart thread, almost nobody (except me and a few others) had him in the top 12-14. A year of NHL hockey did him wonders. He has the relief of Geaudreau and Laine - doesn’t have to be the top dog.
Oh, I kinda thought he would be a top 6 player. Just have to give these guys time to develop

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Over/under on how many games until Laine and Gaudreu get broken up?
I’ll give them a week. So what’s that, 4 games? 3 games? :sarcasm:

They’ve looked good in some games this preseason and will be given a lot of runway to make it work. I still have my doubts though personally that it will work

Reactions: thebus88

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I’ll give them a week. So what’s that, 4 games? 3 games? :sarcasm:

They’ve looked good in some games this preseason and will be given a lot of runway to make it work. I still have my doubts though personally that it will work

Why wouldn't it work, I mean over the long run?

They're not on their game right now, and fathering a newborn might be an issue for a bit, but the composition between Laine and Gaudreau just seems about perfect.

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio

They're not on their game right now, and fathering a newborn might be an issue for a bit, but the composition between Laine and Gaudreau just seems about perfect.
I feel the same. In other words I don't have my doubts about if they'll work. If they don't I will be surprised.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016

Also they have missed a number of AAA scoring chances (yes, I am looking at you, Johnny!).

Johnny needs to get a couple of those in and it gets easier.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Just goes to show their crazy potential. Once they get more familiar with eachother and Johnny finds his usual sharpness, it's going to be a fun ride.
JG understandably hasn't been at his best, but Columbus has still completely dominated the opposition at 5v5 with him on the ice.

4GF 1GA
65.7 xGF%
64.8 SCF%
66.6 HDCF%

He and Laine have had like a 5-10+ shifts together where they've completely hemmed the other team in and created some beautifully conceived plays.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I'd try

Foudy
Olivier

I like similar lines too but I would want two strong lines.

Reactions: thebus88

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Voracek + Roslovic + Chinakov should be a pretty strong line already, if Chinakov can keep it up. Haven't seen him too much yet on preseason, but he doesn't look the same lost in space guy that we had last season wearing #59.

Reactions: LJ7 and VT

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
It’s good to have that option as well, but I think every true skill based top class teams in the NHL have their super go to-line that they can put together at least time to time when they need crucial goals scored. Colorado has Rantanen-Mackinnon-Landeskog, Tampa had Palat-Stamkos-Kucherov, Boston has Marchand- Bergeron-Pastrnak and Pittsburgh can put time to time Crosby and Malkin to play even in the same line when they are looking for a crucial goal. I think Columbus needs to have that type of a line well tested and used at least relatively often even if it wouldn’t need to be constantly used.

Reactions: Halberdier and VT

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
It’s good to have that option as well, but I think every true skill based top class teams in the NHL have their super go to-line that they can put together at least time to time when they need crucial goals scored. Colorado has Rantanen-Mackinnon-Landeskog, Tampa had Palat-Stamkos-Kucherov, Boston has Marchand- Bergeron-Pastrnak and Pittsburgh can put time to time Crosby and Malkin to play even in the same line when they are looking for a crucial goal. I think Columbus needs to have that type of a line well tested and used at least relatively often even if it wouldn’t need to be constantly used.
All the Jackets need to be able to do that is have a true 1C,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad