GDT: Running Preseason GDT | Gm 8 FINALE | CBJ @ WSH 7 PM EST | 10/08/22 | Stream on bluejackets.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Tottenham at 1230.

I’ve changed so much since I was a kid. My two favorite sports were baseball and basketball and I knew every player on every team and all the stats. Now my sports are hockey soccer and football. I haven’t watched baseball or basketball game in over five years I have no interest at all.
I know I am late to this discussion but there was also championship pickleball on TV much of the afternoon :)

I know plenty here would likely give me crap for this or just laugh it off. I play a lot of pickleball, at least I did before my rotator cuff surgery in July (not PB related). I am itching to get back on the court. Since I was laid up all summer with my injury but don't watch baseball, pickleball was kinda my go to sport to watch much of the time.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I know I am late to this discussion but there was also championship pickleball on TV much of the afternoon :)

I know plenty here would likely give me crap for this or just laugh it off. I play a lot of pickleball, at least I did before my rotator cuff surgery in July (not PB related). I am itching to get back on the court. Since I was laid up all summer with my injury but don't watch baseball, pickleball was kinda my go to sport to watch much of the time.

Don't be embarrassed, pickleball is sweeping the nation. So much more accessible than tennis, I can actually play it with a bunch of my friends.

Reactions: Viqsi and Fro

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Don't be embarrassed, pickleball is sweeping the nation. So much more accessible than tennis, I can actually play it with a bunch of my friends.
I never said I was embarrassed.

I have a Twitter feed just for the search term "pickleball" and I am stunned at the level of hate for the sport (so I just expect blowback). I don't go on Twitter to rant about how much I think basketball or golf suck. So why do people feel the need to go on a social media site to bash pickleball?

I know Cam and Jarmo play. I know the Chicago Cubs have a court in their bullpen. I know some Steelers play because they got their butts kicked by a 50 year old petite grandma on the public courts in Pittsburgh :) Everyone thinks its a sport for old people. It first became popular among seniors but I understand the sport is getting younger. I mean the top professionals are 15-25 years old. I know my group ranges in age between 25-70 and we all have a great very competitive time together.

Reactions: Monk

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Yeah basketball growing up for sure...soccer, hockey, football now...oh and darts

I would LOVE to see a tournament in Europe, sit a table all day, drink myself silly and hear "Oneeeeeee-HUNNNNNNNNNDRED-EIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTY!!!!!!!!!! for hours

love the crowds

Reactions: Fro

DEF

Oct 24, 2008
White Castle's
Turned 70 this year. Started playing PB at the Y in Grove City. I'm at the Florida place till December so I need to find somewhere down here.

Reactions: Doggy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad