GDT: Running Out of Ideas: Devils @ Sabres, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
my prediction

page 5 game starts
page 6 devils score
page 7-9 woohoo great goal
page 9 devils score again
pages 9-11 why cant the devils play like this all the time
page 11 defense turns puck over sabres goal
pages 12-15 we suck, hynes is the worst. no structure
page 15 kinkaid lets in a softy
pages 16-21 'kinkaid is an average goalie what do you expect', 'shutup haak hes a backup', cant wait for savior mckenzie
page 21 devils score 3-1 midway through the 2nd
page 21-23 we might have a chance to turn it around, why cant the team play like this all the time
page 23 buffalo PP goal
pages 23-25 we suck, nads sucks, hynes sucks, kinkaid sucks
page 27 kinkaid softy
pages 27-32 bleedred has to go to the emergency room for a heart attack from all the softies kinkaid gives up
pages 32-34 board is very concerned about bleedred
pages 34-38 awaiting updates on bleeds status. kinkaid lets in a softie
pages 38-40 doctors did all they could but in the end mediocre goaltending was too much for bleed's heart

thread closed.
This was good! I liked it! I just have one critique, or maybe I'm just not understanding the sequences here.

The Devils scored, then they scored again, then I'm assuming the Sabres score on a a goal that's not a bad one on Kinkaid. Then Kinkaid lets in the softy, but then then the Devils later on to score to make it 3-1? Shouldn't it be 3-2 by then? Unless the softy was the first goal and only goal to that point, but it's not brought up until a few pages later? After the Hynes and no structure posts?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
This was good! I liked it! I just have one critique, or maybe I'm just not understanding the sequences here.

The Devils scored, then they scored again, then I'm assuming the Sabres score on a a goal that's not a bad one on Kinkaid. Then Kinkaid lets in the softy, but then then the Devils later on to score to make it 3-1? Shouldn't it be 3-2 by then? Unless the softy was the first goal and only goal to that point, but it's not brought up until a few pages later? After the Hynes and no structure posts?

Is there room for us discussing a Buff player that we passed over in the draft?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
While we're at it, Lou gives a presser this afternoon and in typical Lou speak, he announces ''No changes to the coaching staff. John Hynes has my full backing. I believe in John Hynes and he's the prototypical New Jersey Devils head coach. He's not going anywhere''.

Fast forward to game time.

Hynes is pulled from the game tonight after the 1st period. Nasreddine, Kowalsky and Grier handle the rest of the game.

We then learn through a tweet from Bob McKenzie that after the hockey ops changes, that Hynes has been traded to San Jose for Pete DeBoer. Eklund tweets it out a minute later, then claims that he knew it all along because he made a tweet earlier in the day saying ''A source is telling me Lou will make a coaching change upon arrival. He always makes coaching changes!''. Then claims he broke it first, but his computer broke, not allowing him to beat McKenzie to the tweet.

Lou gives a conference call post game saying that we've acquired DeBoer and that there was never any grudge between he and DeBoer. He then goes on to mention how he brought back Larry Robinson just a month after he fired him, as well as Ftorek (for the AHL) and John Cunniff as well.

Devils announce tomorrow morning that Peter Harrold has been signed to a one year, one way deal.

In Pete's press conference while he's being introduced, he states that he had wanted to sign Harrold for San Jose every year that he's been there, but that Doug Wilson blocked it every single time. And he's also very excited to work with Bernier and Gionta again. He already sees a good spot for them on the 3rd line in between Pavel Zacha. He thinks Helgeson is a ''Good NHL defenseman'' that has just been kept out of NHL lineups due to numbers games. He thinks that with the Devils lacking structural issues defensively, that Seth Helgeson can help a lot with that. Lou and Pete are also in agreement that Butcher, Severson and Vatanen can't all be in the lineup at the same time and that only one of these players will be in at the very max each night. Next game we roll out a defense of Greene, Mueller, Santini, Lovejoy, Helgeson and Harrold. Butcher, Severson and Vatanen are all healthy scratches. Butcher gets put on waivers several days later.

We also find out through McKenzie that there was bad blood between DeBoer and Doug Wilson, due to DeBoer wanting to nix the Erik Karlsson trade and sign Peter Harrold to play those minutes instead. DeBoer was not happy to lose Dylan DeMelo in the Karlsson trade and thinks San Jose could have been a real contender with a top 4 of DeMelo, Braun, Vlasic and Harrold instead.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Did you guys see our forwards playing tonight. That may even be more awful and pathetic than the guys we ran out in the tank year.

Reactions: Bleedred

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
what’s the message board equivalent of cabin fever? because i think some of you have it lol

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Did you guys see our forwards playing tonight. That may even be more awful and pathetic than the guys we ran out in the tank year.
Kinkaid doesn’t care. He’ll likely give up at least one softy anyway!:sarcasm:

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Game will end scoreless, go to a shootout, nobody will be able to score in it and the league office will go **** it and declare it a tie for the welfare of all in attendance.
Two words

Nico. Hischier.

1-0 with only one shot for both teams in the game by Hischier

Reactions: My3Sons

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
But in all seriousness since winning is whatever at this point, three wishes for tonight:

1) Hischier scores again or at minimum keeps the point streak alive

2) Santini plays above 20 minutes and isnt on for any goals against

3) Zacha scores and gets some confidence back after two really bad turnovers

Reactions: My3Sons

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
While we're at it, Lou gives a presser this afternoon and in typical Lou speak, he announces ''No changes to the coaching staff. John Hynes has my full backing. I believe in John Hynes and he's the prototypical New Jersey Devils head coach. He's not going anywhere''.

Hynes is pulled from the game tonight after the 1st period. Nasreddine, Kowalsky and Grier handle the rest of the game.

We then learn through a tweet from Bob McKenzie that after the hockey ops changes, that Hynes has been traded to San Jose for Pete DeBoer. Eklund tweets it out a minute later, then claims that he knew it all along because he made a tweet earlier in the day saying ''A source is telling me Lou will make a coaching change upon arrival. He always makes coaching changes!''. Then claims he broke it first, but his computer broke, not allowing him to beat McKenzie to the tweet.

Lou gives a conference call post game saying that we've acquired DeBoer and that there was never any grudge between he and DeBoer. He then goes on to mention how he brought back Larry Robinson just a month after he fired him, as well as Ftorek (for the AHL) and John Cunniff as well.

Devils announce tomorrow morning that Peter Harrold has been signed to a one year, one way deal.

In Pete's press conference while he's being introduced, he states that he had wanted to sign Harrold for San Jose every year that he's been there, but that Doug Wilson blocked it every single time. And he's also very excited to work with Bernier and Gionta again. He already sees a good spot for them on the 3rd line in between Pavel Zacha. He thinks Helgeson is a ''Good NHL defenseman'' that has just been kept out of NHL lineups due to numbers games. He thinks that with the Devils lacking structural issues defensively, that Seth Helgeson can help a lot with that. Lou and Pete are also in agreement that Butcher, Severson and Vatanen can't all be in the lineup at the same time and that only one of these players will be in at the very max each night. Next game we roll out a defense of Greene, Mueller, Santini, Lovejoy, Helgeson and Harrold. Butcher, Severson and Vatanen are all healthy scratches. Butcher gets put on waivers several days later.

We also find out through McKenzie that there was bad blood between DeBoer and Doug Wilson, due to DeBoer wanting to nix the Erik Karlsson trade and sign Peter Harrold to play those minutes instead. DeBoer was not happy to lose Dylan DeMelo in the Karlsson trade and thinks San Jose could have been a real contender with a top 4 of DeMelo, Braun, Vlasic and Harrold instead.

Is Pascal Rheaume coming back for a 5th stint?

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Did we seriously have him 4 times? I guess I lost track with all his AHL stints.:laugh:

His rookie year
The lockout stint in the AHL with Albany and he subsequently came back up to the NHL the season after the lockout
Lastly he played for the AHL team when it was in Lowell

Needless to say, he had quite the way of getting around the organization :laugh:

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012

Ouch! You forgot Mark Fraser. This will be giving me nightmares.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
His rookie year
The lockout stint in the AHL with Albany and he subsequently came back up to the NHL the season after the lockout
Lastly he played for the AHL team when it was in Lowell

Needless to say, he had quite the way of getting around the organization :laugh:
Rheaume was a point a game player for the Rats at one point. Thought he had potential during his first NJD stint. He scored a goal in his NHL debut and one of two contests that he appeared in that year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rheaume was a point a game player for the Rats at one point. Thought he had potential during his first NJD stint. He scored a goal in his NHL debut and one of two contests that he appeared in that year.
It was against the Panthers. Had to cheat by looking it up on hockey reference. It has that he a played @ Florida and @ TB that year, so I guess we brought him along for that trip and that's all he ever played until he was with St. Louis the next year. He scored 27 points in 60 games in his second season in St. Louis in 98-99, then had a 20 point in 42 game stretch with Atlanta in 01-02, but other than that, he never replicated the skill he looked to possess in the AHL.

John Quenneville should try and carve out a similar career to him and find a GM that will give him jobs whenever he's out of work, and who hopefully doesn't just bring him up when the NHL club stinks!:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad