Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Trade Cloned, Keep Soli | STAY AWAY CHIA

Which side?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Virtanen is a wrecking ball on skates. Like a young Clutterbuck or a better version of Pitlick. I'm not sure why Vancouver would want to move him but if they did I'd be interested.

Reactions: Burnt Biscuits

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Athanasiou IMO is not a guy that you'd traditionally trade a 1st for. However if it was the first of a series of trades that left us with more scoring up front without giving up the moon I'd be fine with it.

Reactions: Burnt Biscuits

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I really don't know what to make of Puljujarvi, but I honestly don't understand how Virtanen helps us out. Wouldn't it feel like a broken record of a trade if Puljujarvi were traded and turned out to be the player we were looking for in the first place?

I'd love Zucarello but only if we can have some kind of assurances that we not only will have the ability to resign him, but that he'd also be interested in resigning with us. We've actually got some decent prospects on our farm team. Seldom is there a season where I can say that and as nice as that is, it still isn't enough.

Great teams build through the draft. Not by tanking to stockpile top 5 picks, but generally holding onto most of their high picks unless they're in need of some insurance for a deep playoff run. It's not worth blowing 1st rounders unless you're already in the conversation for winning a cup. Spending our 1st rounder will just be us pissing our assets up against the wall unless whatever we're getting is going to help us out for years to come.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Safin, 2nd for Ferland
Spooner, Bear, 1st (Lotto Protected) for Schenn
Rieder, 2019 2nd for Coyle
Manning to the AHL
Petrovic for a 3rd

Draisaitl - McDavid - Ferland
Schenn - RNH - Chiasson
Lucic - Coyle - Khaira
Cave - Brodziak - Kassian

Reactions: rickysusedsht

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Safin, 2nd for Ferland
Spooner, Bear, 1st (Lotto Protected) for Schenn
Rieder, 2019 2nd for Coyle
Manning to the AHL
Petrovic for a 3rd

Draisaitl - McDavid - Ferland
Schenn - RNH - Chiasson
Lucic - Coyle - Khaira
Cave - Brodziak - Kassian

I think Coyle might cost more.
Hope Petrovic is back from concussion before TDL.
I'd trade him for a 4th.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think Coyle might cost more.
Hope Petrovic is back from concussion before TDL.
I'd trade him for a 4th.
I don't think Coyle will, he was on TSNs board and he is their 3c.

I think those trades help us greatly. Coyle and Schenn signed for next year as well. Ferland could be resigned but would need to find some cap.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I don't think Coyle will, he was on TSNs board and he is their 3c.

I think those trades help us greatly. Coyle and Schenn signed for next year as well. Ferland could be resigned but would need to find some cap.

Yup. And how many years to we expect to keep these guys for? 1st and 2nd rounder keeps the cupboards in the system bare.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yup. And how many years to we expect to keep these guys for? 1st and 2nd rounder keeps the cupboards in the system bare.
Yes however this draft is apparently pretty bad outside the top 5 so if there is a year to skip the draft this is one.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
All these proposals are cute.

None of them are feasible with 6m tied up in Lucic.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Yes however this draft is apparently pretty bad outside the top 5 so if there is a year to skip the draft this is one.
That's very debatable.
And good or bad tons of players not drafted by the Oilers often exceed their draft projections.
How are we going to afford to skate a team if we're trading our future away for assets that instantly consume much larger cap hits?
This is how Kevin Lowe destroyed us.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
All these proposals are cute.

None of them are feasible with 6m tied up in Lucic.

Don't worry.
TSN keeps on preaching that we won't have a lockout but we will.
And then we will get an amnesty buyout and Lucic will be bought out.
After that we'll cross our fingers that Sekera can learn to play hockey effectively again before his contract ends.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I feel like we should be getting some kind of campaign speech from Cloned and Soli.
Remember, we CAN change our votes. :laugh:
Would be cool if we got a sales pitch from the both of them. Hear why we should keep either of them around. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad