Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Previous Poll Punted, Pristine Prospect Procurement Poll Pinned

Which of the recent prospect additions intrigues you the most?

• Noah Philp coming out of retirement

• Connor Ungar - Brock University (USPORTS)

• James Stefan - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Marc Lajoie - Edmonton Oilers (WHL)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
It's fruitless to guess at what will happen with Drai

Even with Dreger's comments, from what I read he said that the Oilers won't want to sign him, not the other way around. He compared the situation to Kane and Toews, and the cap percent would put Drai at 14-15 million aav
If Draisaitl goes prepare for another decade of darkness because McDavid won't re-sign if Draisaitl leaves.

It might even be a relief... can stop watching this f***ing gong show once and for all guilt free and with a clear conscience.

Reactions: Duke74

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Yeah, but of course that was only because we gave him 0 playing time or respect. Given the circumstance, I dont think its a bad move assumong we signed Bjugstad... but we didnt, even though he wanted to
Why are people complaining about this still. He plays on a team that doesnt have a single D that would crack our lineup outside of Durzi and he isnt much better than Desharnais. I dont think we should be that impressed he is playing second pairing minutes on a team 23-25 points out of the playoffs (Vegas has a game in hand hence the range.

1711407177749.png

Which would be stupid because Draisaitl will make way more in his career than she ever will. She won’t even come close
Sure but I think the main point was if Drai indicates he is going to test the market and prefers not Edmonton (which I dont see as an unlikely option) then what would be looking for since we have a seismic sized hole in our team.

Screwed if he leaves for nothing and potentially screwed if he leaves and we dont get a really good return. Management better be thinking about this as if he pulls the audible and goes to market and dont get any return McDavid is as good as gone.

Reactions: Oilhawks

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Why are people complaining about this still. He plays on a team that doesnt have a single D that would crack our lineup outside of Durzi and he isnt much better than Desharnais. I dont think we should be that impressed he is playing second pairing minutes on a team 23-25 points out of the playoffs (Vegas has a game in hand hence the range.

View attachment 841385

Sure but I think the main point was if Drai indicates he is going to test the market and prefers not Edmonton (which I dont see as an unlikely option) then what would be looking for since we have a seismic sized hole in our team.

Screwed if he leaves for nothing and potentially screwed if he leaves and we dont get a really good return. Management better be thinking about this as if he pulls the audible and goes to market and dont get any return McDavid is as good as gone.
The closer that McDavid’s contract comes to completion the more pissed I get that Katz hooked his wagon to Nicholson and pissed away the primes of these two players. What an utter failure. What’s worse- Holland walks away with 25M US for accomplishing nothing

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
The closer that McDavid’s contract comes to completion the more pissed I get that Katz hooked his wagon to Nicholson and pissed away the primes of these two players. What an utter failure. What’s worse- Holland walks away with 25M US for accomplishing nothing
Lowe brought in Nicholson who brought in Chiarelli.... Blah blah.

This miss was not getting McCrimmom or Zito

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If Draisaitl goes prepare for another decade of darkness because McDavid won't re-sign if Draisaitl leaves.

It might even be a relief... can stop watching this f***ing gong show once and for all guilt free and with a clear conscience.
We are a contender. During the decade of darkness we had problems but if you imagined it would be total bliss when the team got good, you were so wrong.

When your team is good it is more problems and more torture. Cheering for a bad, bad team is comforting because expectations are low. When your team is good, winning the cup is the only way not to end a season in heartbreak.

But that's why you have to tell yourself that it's not as bad as it seems. We have a better chance than most at winning it all. As for all the Drai talk, it's just overreaction. Dreger says silly things based on nothing and it sparks a bunch of pages of this

Reactions: McDoused and TB12

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
It's fruitless to guess at what will happen with Drai

Even with Dreger's comments, from what I read he said that the Oilers won't want to sign him, not the other way around. He compared the situation to Kane and Toews, and the cap percent would put Drai at 14-15 million aav
Dreger is a moron. He pretty much said "Yeah I don't know. But here I'll try to create fruitless controversy out of nothing"

Hes got " I wanna play in California" written all over him. imo of course.
Where? Because I can't see it.

This post has "I'm trying to hope for the worst" written all over it.

Im not talking about his on ice play, Im going off his instagram and wannabe model pictures and the actress/model wife.
So he cares more about his instagram pictures than his friggin career?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

View attachment 841385

He is playing second pairing minutes and excelling. He has a +5 on a team that has a -27 differential. Desharnais has a +5 playing bottom pairing minutes on a team with a differential of +47. It’s impressive.

He is also 3 years younger than Desharnais

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He is playing second pairing minutes and excelling. He has a +5 on a team that has a -27 differential. Desharnais has a +5 playing bottom pairing minutes on a team with a differential of +47. It’s impressive.

15 minutes a night is second pairing minutes?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Dreger is a moron. He pretty much said "Yeah I don't know. But here I'll try to create fruitless controversy out of nothing"

The other tell there is if Leon likes California so much, why not have a second home down there? Lucic did (granted he was in LA, but only for 1 year), Gretzky was spending his off-seasons in LA before he was traded to LA, Katz has a place in LA (lol), etc. etc.

As Gretzky famously recounts, he was staying at actor Alan Thicke’s home in LA when he was called with the news that he had been traded.

Certainly Leon has the money to have a place down there, he doesn't because he doesn't spend time there, neither does actually his girlfriend. I believe she lives in Ontario still.

In the off-season he either goes straight back to Europe or stays in Ontario training with McDavid.

Last edited:

Macblender

May 5, 2014

IDK this more started as a discussion of if he doesnt indicate he is going to resign or says he would test market you kind of have to see what is out there.

Friedman also said he thought Drai would be tough to sign.

I am not sure but I think management needs to be prepared for that case even if some here think it is low probability (I am not in that camp).

Macblender

May 5, 2014

Sure I am not saying he cannot be a decent player in a depth position but who does he play ahead of here? He would be in the AHL again and if he asked for a trade he probably saw the writing on the wall since he just wouldnt have got that opportunity here rightly or wrongly as most of us thought Broberg would be on the roster this year.

The other tell there is if Leon likes California so much, why not have a second home down there? Lucic did (granted he was in LA, but only for 1 year), Gretzky was spending his off-seasons in LA before he was traded to LA, Katz has a place in LA (lol), etc. etc.

As Gretzky famously recounts, he was staying at actor Alan Thicke’s home in LA when he was called with the news that he had been traded.

Certainly Leon has the money to have a place down there, he doesn't because he doesn't spend time there, neither does actually his girlfriend. I believe she lives in Ontario still.

In the off-season he either goes straight back to Europe or stays in Ontario training with McDavid.
I dont think it is California he is interested in if he is moving but more a no state tax state.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton

I think if they did it correctly, they could get a massive overpaid/overhaul of a return. Oilers problem is depth, grit and goaltending. I also see trading Drai at the next TDL as a huge potential to improve this team.

Let's say the Oil land Something like

To Boston: Draisaitl Campbell
To Edmonton: Ullmark, DeBrusk, McAvoy and a 1st plus thier top prospect.

Would Conner stay let's say if they won a cup after trading Draisaitl?

All hypothetical of course.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Sure I am not saying he cannot be a decent player in a depth position but who does he play ahead of here? He would be in the AHL again and if he asked for a trade he probably saw the writing on the wall since he just wouldnt have got that opportunity here rightly or wrongly as most of us thought Broberg would be on the roster this year.

I dont think it is California he is interested in if he is moving but more a no state tax state.

Based on nothing. I don’t think he’s interested in playing on a non McDavid team, no offense to him but I don’t think he’s a lock to be top 10 in points just anywhere.

Oilers can offer more money upfront than anyone can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad