Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread: "Manic Monday"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
He said he’d try to trade him. Nobody wanted him. Ergo no trade happened.
I might be over connotating here based on DNB’s wording in his tweet, but it sounds like he made a commitment to get a deal done beyond the usual “I’ll give it the ol’ college try.”

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Kulak and Brassard are small upgrades.

It's sad to see teams like Pittsburgh and a litany of others were able to add impact forwards for reasonable prices. Wish we could have too.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I realize I am in Costa Rica and out of the loop. But the eastern media was suggesting MAF did not want to go to Edmonton. I read a few oiler media guys suggesting he might

That was the media's mantra the whole entire season...not just Edmonton but he wouldn't waive for any Canadian teams. Either way, he wouldn't have been an Oiler anyhow seeing what he went for, the cap, moving another goalie out, etc.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I might be over connotating here based on DNB’s wording in his tweet, but it sounds like he made a commitment to get a deal done beyond the usual “I’ll give it the ol’ college try.”

He clearly said he wasn’t going to expend assets to move him. He offered no guarantees.

Reactions: TB12 and North

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Hopefully they have the puck and he doesn't target the knees.
Haha true true. Although I'd rather take aggressive penalties or even lose games that way vs a lazy hook, trip, delay of game, too many men or generally being embarrassingly shutdown by teams of grinders from cities with no airport.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Your being pithy. (Not Pissy lol) He said he’d try. He didn’t guarantee it.
He committed to it and failed. He shouldn’t have committed to it in the first place given the peculiarities of the situation.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Oxford also defines guarantee as a similar word to commitment. ;)

Holland wasn’t dealing with Oxford. He’s dealing with an unvaxxed player who knows the realities of his situation. And if he doesn’t then Archibald is dumber than I thought he was and so is his agent.

This is 100% a product of Archibald not Holland.

Holland isn’t to blame for this one.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Remember when the Oilers claimed a goalie on waivers and he had to drive from I think Cali to Canada? Couldn't they do the same thing with Archibald? Waive him and if no one claims him, he makes the drive to Bako?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Remember when the Oilers claimed a goalie on waivers and he had to drive from I think Cali to Canada? Couldn't they do the same thing with Archibald? Waive him and if no one claims him, he makes the drive to Bako?

They can waive him and then Archibald has to drive to Bako. I doubt they do that however.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Holland wasn’t dealing with Oxford. He’s dealing with an unvaxxed player who knows the realities of his situation. And if he doesn’t then Archibald is dumber than I thought he was and so is his agent.

This is 100% a product of Archibald not Holland.

Holland isn’t to blame for this one.
You guys were saying I was using the wrong words. All I’m saying is that they’re all synonyms. ;)

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I don’t like Archibald. In fact I hate him as a player based on his stupid selfish play that cost us the series last year. ;)
I just mean I'd be hugely surprised if anyone was upset at Holland because he couldn't give away Archie for free. Including Archie.

Even Yzerman couldn't find a taker for Bertuzzi, and he's a damn fine hockey player.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Archibald had to drive back to Canada from Nebraska just a few weeks back. I don't see why not.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad